Chapter 22 "Cloaked"

Gripping her fist tightly, she immediately punched the punching bag as hard as she could, sending it flying back. She struck it again, and again, until she felt like she couldn't anymore. She didn't notice how long she was doing it as she got caught with the one thing in her mind; Olivia Cox.

She didn't know what came over her. She knew the plan was pretty messed up, but she did it, killing Olivia Cox. She knew the consequences, but it wasn't like she had a choice.

She hated herself for doing it. She knew damn well what it would mean to the people who loved and cared for Olivia. Yet she did it anyway. If they ever found out that she was the one who killed her, they wouldn't look at her the same way, or worse, they were going to do worse.

~

Scarlett

Slowly prying my eyes open, my gaze eventually landed on the most beautiful face I thought I would never see again. Seeing her familiar features, I reached out and stroked her cheek, caressing her delicate skin, feeling its warmth against my touch.

"I missed you, Liv. You have no idea how happy I am that you're here."

"I never left," she replied, holding my hand that was on her cheek, and gently squeezing it.

"You did, and I'm afraid if I wake up again, you'll be gone."

"No matter what happens, I'm always with you, Scarlett," she said, smiling weakly.

Seeing her again was bittersweet. How I longed to see her face everyday, to touch her again, or even to feel her presence, but now that she was beside me, it felt like there was still something that was missing.

"Stay, Liv...Don't leave me, please. I can't lose you again."

With a small smile, she moved closer, and engulfed me in a tight hug. I nuzzled against her chest as I draped my arm over her waist, feeling her warmth, while she rested her chin on top of my head, and rubbing my back for comfort.

"I'll always be with you, love," she mumbled, and I could no longer help it as tears started pouring down.

"Why can't you just stay?" I murmured.

"Shh, I'm here now," she consoled, kissing the top of my head, "I won't leave you."

"You always say that, but you're gonna leave anyway."

"Hey," she mumbled, making me look up and meet her gaze, "you know I didn't leave. I'm right here," she added, briefly touching my chest, "always."

I slowly shook my head, "That's not enough..."

"You're strong, Scarlett...You're gonna be okay."

I shook my head deliberately, and sat up. "No! I would never be okay without you, Liv. Since you left, my life has been miserable...I can't eat, I can't sleep, and all I think about is you, and how you left me, and I...I can't go on living like this...I just want to be happy again, with you."

"Hey, hey," she eventually sat up, and tried to comfort me by holding both of my hands. "I'm sorry..."

"...I know you're not real, and this is only a dream, but I wish I would never wake up, so I could stay here with you. Liv..." I called, looking at her with pleading eyes, "I don't wanna wake up again feeling miserable without you."

"I'm sorry, baby," she mumbled, pulling me in to a comforting hug. I let out the sobs I had been holding in, and cried in her arms.

For a while I stayed engulfed in her hug, which made me calm down eventually. It felt so good to be in her arms again that all the messed up emotions I felt all at once had disappeared. It was comforting to know that even in my dream, she was still able to calm me down.