Chapter 39

It was a new dawn that the sun had started to rise upon. Today was different from any other day. Today was sweeter and brighter with the gentle touch of the breezy. Even the sun planted warm kisses to mother nature's hand.

Bonnie slept soundly under the covers of the cotton sheets. The sunlight slithered through the window blinds and crept their way onto the bed. They aimed their golden beam on Bonnie's face to which he groaned and turned away. He gave in and opened his eyes. He yawned and rubbed the sleep from his eyes. He looked around the room and noticed he wasn't home. This wasn't his and Freddy's room, nor was it the pizzeria. He looked around studying the foundation of the place. It was all lined and decorated with timber and stone. He quickly got out of bed and quickly put on a dark green robe that hung from the bathroom door. A large sliding glass door set on the opposite side of the bed. He approached it and slide the gaint glass open. He stepped out onto the wooden balcony and his breathe was taken away. Surrounding him was miles of trees that touched the clouds. Far over the horizon were snowy mountains of purple and blue. Above all else laying dead center of it all was an enormous blue lake what was full of activity with wildlife and people alike.

Bonnie's eyes widen and twinkled in amazement. There was so much life and color that he was surrounded by. "Wow." Bonnie whispered to himself was he continued to stare out upon the view. A low chuckle was heard behind. He turned around and saw Freddy standing in the doorway with a robe on himself. "Beautiful isn't?" Bonnie approached him and intertwined their fingers. "Fred, where are we? What is this place?" Freddy gently squeezed his husband's little paws. "Isn't obvious love, we're on our honeymoon." Honeymoon? When on Earth did Freddy have the time to plan and pay for all this. "Our honeymoon? But I don't remember coming here." Bonnie stopped and thought for a moment. "Wait a minute, I don't remember really anything from our wedding except for the ceremony." Freddy chuckled and rubbed the back of his head. "I figured you wouldn't remembered. After the ceremony we had our dinner with Foxy and Chica. You and her got into the wine bottles and everything took off from there." Bonnie covered his redden face. "Oh dear, how bad of a drunk was I?" Freddy smiled and gently pet Bonnie's head. "You weren't trouble at all. If anything you just were really friendly and giggly. It was quite cute." Freddy teased. Bonnie buried his face into Freddy's chest whimpering. "Don't tease me!" Freddy chuckled and pulled him back into the bedroom. "So my little hubby. What would you like to do today." Bonnie sat down on the bed as he watched Freddy unpack their stuff. "Oh, what do they have to do here?" Bonnie's asked. Freddy handed him a pamphlet about the cabins, history of the place, and a list of all different types of activities. "Oh wow, there's so much to do here! How long will we be here for?" Bonnie asked. "I only book the place for 7 days and 6 nights." Freddy replied. Bonnie scammed through the booklet in awe. His little cotton tail wagging with delight. "Oh honey, there's so much to do. I wanna do them all!" Freddy chuckled and wrapped his arm around him. "Don't worry baby, we'll do them all. Now come, there's breakfast in the lobby." Bonnie quickly got dress and they made their way out the door.

They walked along a hiking trail that headed deep into the forest. They were towered over by mighty conifers trees. The little chirps of insect and small animals hummed through the air. The wild flowers danced as the gently breeze swept them off their feet. Freddy and Bonnie held hand and hand as they walked by each other's side. It was nice for them to get away, even if it was for a week. Freddy for the first time in a long while felt inner peace and all the anger that once consumed him no longer existed. As they were walking they could hear joyful laughter and screaming in the distance. They looked towards the lake and saw what appeared to be zipliners flying over the lake. Freddy heard a small gasped and looked down at Bonnie. His eyes were widen with excitement and his cotton ball tail was going all over the place. "There's ziplining here?!" Bonnie asked? Freddy gave a small chuckle and rubbed the back of his head. "You wanna try it?" Bonnie tightly squeezed Freddy's hand and forcefully pulled him forward as they ran down the path to the ziplining platform.