22 ⊱ Strong

STRONG

Eleanor's POV

"Babe!" Louis' voice called me from the living room downstairs. "Where is the box with the bathroom stuff? I really need to take a shower."

I tried to answer him but it was impossible. I had a lump in my throat and tears rolling down my cheeks, not to mention I was sobbing as silently as possible. I had been locked in our new bedroom private bathroom for like half an hour so Lou would not see me in that state.

And why? Because I had the worst idea and decided to check my social media in such a special day. Not surprisingly at all, the news of Lou and I moving in together became public and his fans didn't miss the chance to react to it. Some of them were really sweet and supportive, wishing the two of us the best in this new stage. But as usual, it was hard for me to focus on that when the other half were the cruelest comments I'd read in my life. Some of his fans had come up with theories of some kind of contract that forced Louis to move in with me. Some others said all I wanted was his money. But the worst were the ones saying I was trying to isolate him from the people who "actually" loved him, like his family and band mates.

I knew I couldn't tell Louis because he always reacted the same way, feeling guilty. And then felling even more guilty because there was nothing he could do about it. So I stood up and washed my face before I went out of the big bathroom.

"I still can't find it and I really stink after carrying all our boxes in-" He froze right in front of me as soon as he saw me and my red eyes. "Eleanor, honey, what's wrong? Are you hurt?" he asked me taking my hands in his and checking me from head to toes.

"I'm not hurt, don't worry." I whispered looking down to avoid his gaze.

"Love... look at me." And when his voice deepens, I know Louis is being serious.

So having no way out, I slowly raised my head and look him in the eyes faking a smile.

"No, no, no," he shook his head pulling me gently towards our new king size bed. "We're a couple, a team, so you must trust me and-"

"Louis, babe, I do trust you but I just didn't want to make a big deal of this." I explained squeezing his hand.

"A big deal of what?"

Again, there was no escape so I had to be strong and face the situation. After all, it wouldn't be the first time. I sighed and turned to grab my phone from the bedside table. "Look," I told Louis handing him my phone.

He was like five minutes scrolling down Twitter and Instagram and I could notice how his eyes widened more and more as he read.

All of a sudden, he threw my phone to the side and pulled me to sit on his lap. He said nothing, just hugged me as if I was a teddy bear and caressed my back. Knowing myself, I knew it was a matter of seconds for me to start crying again so I hid my face in his neck and hugged him back, letting my tears roll again and my pain to surface.

When I got to feel better I moved my head and kissed him on the cheek to show him I could talk.

"I feel terrible, babe." He began but I quickly stopped him.

"No, Louis, please don't say that. I've told you like a thousand times that the hate I get from some of your fans it's not your fault."

"No, but the fact that all of them and the press know we're moving together today is my responsibility."

I sighed because what he had a point there. "Still, I won't let you blame yourself for this. I'm the one who shouldn't be reading and paying attention to those hurtful comments saying I'm parting you from your family and the boys-"

"Eleanor, no. Stop there. Are you listening to your own words?" he placed his hands in each side of my face and pulled me closer his. "Love, you shouldn't be going through this. You deserve to live peacefully with me, in real life or in social media. Nobody, absolutely nobody deserves to get so much hate but you know you are better than that... and stronger. Much stronger."

I bit my lower lip trying not to cry. Louis had always known how to comfort me, always using the right words.

"You make me strong." I told him pressing my lips to his.

"Hey, you're plagiarizing one of my songs there." He mocked me kissing me back again and pressing his forehead to mine. "We are strong together. Stronger than any hurtful words we may get for being together, okay? Never forget that, please."

"I won't." I sniffed, giggling feeling in a better mood. "I promise."

"Good. And now, if you don't mind. Can you tell me where the bathroom stuff is? I really need to take a shower." He laughed, standing up and taking his shirt off.

"Well, I didn't want to ruin the moment but yeah, you stink, Lou." I laughed walking towards the pile of boxes next to the door frame and opening the one on top.

"And what did you expect? I've been carrying furniture all day! I guess I deserve some compensation..." he said but suddenly stopped talking.

"What do you mean- AH! LOU WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I yelled when I felt a pair of arms lifting me in the air.

"Let's say I'm too exhausted to shower on my own." He winked at me and kissed me but differently this time. It was a passionate and lustful kiss, a sign of what was to come.

"What a coincidence," I told him breaking the kiss for a moment. "I'm in the mood for some company."

I kissed him again, crossing my arms around his sweaty body and he carried me bridal style towards our new bathroom, in our new bedroom... of our new home.

***************************************

This chapter wasn't in the original story, I wrote it now so I hope you like it :) 

Please like and comment! We're getting close to an end... 

LOVE YOU Xx