21 ⊱ Right Thing

Before you read, let me apologize for the length of this chapter.
It is quite short but I felt I had to publish it. I hope you like it, though!

RIGHT THING

Eleanor's POV

Packing has never been my strong point, I guess. Since I have some sort of addiction to fashion, my belongings are in an eighty percent clothes, shoes and purses. The rest are university things or important memories that I always carry with me.

Perhaps I don't have large quantities of memories or presents, but the ones I have are so much worth that quality definitely wins quantity.

In a huge attempt to select what I'd take to my new house for the first days there, I came across a big box at the end of my wardrobe. It was obviously covered with dust so I had to clean it before open it.

I knew right away what was inside it but digging in the past is something I've always enjoyed. Carefully, I removed the lid and smiled at the things inside. And then, my journey to my previous years began...

The first thing I grabbed was my high school report card. Studying, along with fashion, was another passion of mine. My grades were not the best but they were still excellent. I've always been one of thos students who love making her parents proud of her, but mainly myself.

Then, I found a ticket of my first fashions show. I attended it with some of my best friends, Alana, Megan and Ella. Watching the models walking along the pasarel and all the designers around me was like a revelation.  That day I realised that I, somehow, had to be connected to that world.

The next thing were a few pictures of my childhood. Summer holidays, Easter and Christmas with my relatives, New Year's Eve with my friends and all my birthdays. It's incredible how fast time goes by.

And finally, at the very bottom carefully kept, were my memories from the last three years... the best ones perhaps, when Louis entered my life.

It's a bit embarrasing to admit but there was a tiny sugar packet I kept from the day I met Louis at a tea house. He'd asked me out and thanks to him, I met that beautiful place where our story began.

There also was a ticket from my first One Direction concert. Louis and I were already dating when I went and it was magic, definitely a worth experience.

The day of our first kiss we had gone to a cabin in the forest. There was a wonderful lake and at night, next to the fire, he pronounced those words that still echo in my mind, "I still believe you are a dream, because a real person cannot be so perfect." And then people ask me if he's romantic or not. Of course he is! And I have a dry leaf inside my favourite book to remember that fall day we first kissed.

Our first trip abroad was maybe my favourite one. It was the moment where we both declared our love for each other. We had gone to France and on top of the Eiffel Tower at night, he screamed to the entire city that he loved me. Obviously I started crying after that and between tears and smiles, I confessed that I was crazy in love as well.

It may sound silly, but my biggest treasure was Louis' first present. Unfortunately, I couldn't keep it in a box. Why? Easy; because it was the very first glance he gave me. When I met those blue eyes for the first time they turned my world upside down and I was sure he'd be part of my life, perhaps the most important one. From that day on, I've been living in a dream; and if you ask me, I don't want to wake up. It may be difficult at times, but waking up every day next to Louis looking at me and humming a different song every morning convinces me that I'm doing the right thing.

**************************************

I hope you liked this chapter as much as me. Please, leave a sweet comment ♥

Love you a lot xx