24 ⊱ Brightest Light

(The picture has nothing to do with the chapter but I had to include it because it's one of my favourites )

BRIGHTEST LIGHT

It was a wonderful summer night in London and I was wearing a black tight short dress, high heels and a lot of make up for my night out with my friends. But instead of being on my way to the night club I was driving back home. And why? Because my lovely boyfriend was supossed to visit his own friends but couldn't find his car keys so he had called me to... well, save his ass. 

So when I parked my car in my house, I fixed my dress and began to walk towards the entrance. "I cannot believe this yet," I yelled at the air as I walked up the stairs. "Louis, I swear, it's the last time you make me come back home because you cannot find your own car keys!"

I knew he was listening to me behind the door as well as our neighbours because my voice can be really loud when I want to but I obviously did not care. It's been years since we moved in there and at least once a week I had to go back to save my boyfriend from some catastrophe. Let's say it was like a couple tradition already.

So there I was, standing at the door looking for my house key in my purse when I heard like a whisper from inside. However, I quickly managed to open the door and found out that the lights were off, so when I closed the door behind me, the room was in total darkness.

"Lou? What happened? Where are you?"

There was no answer so I carefully walked towards a small table in the hall, trying not to hit anything in the way, and left my jacket and bag there.

"Louis! Babe, what happened?" I tried again but silence was the only answer again.

As I looked around me, a dim light appeared behind me. It was not so bright and when I focused on it, I realized it was actually a candle. Maybe the power had gone out? Slowly, I walked to the tiny candle to see it was on the floor.

"Louis, if the house catches fire because you left that candle there..."

"Shh..." a whisper at the distance shut me up.

I turned around in the direction I've heard his voice and got shivers. The situation was already starting to make me nervous. And before I could speak again, a new candle was lit a few steps ahead of me, so I almost run to it.

"Honey, please," I whispered this time feeling a bit awkward talking to a shadow.

"Just- don't fall down," he giggled.

"Louis, we're quite old for this, can we stop playing this weird game?"

And out of nowhere, a new candle was lit up. And then another... and another... and another. I had to be silly not to realize the candles were forming a path and I knew exactly where I was walking when I began to follow it. Our garden. Of course I'd fall down there. It was a mess full of football balls and gardening stuff.

But luckily to me, the garden was a totally new place. It was so tidy and there were some soft white Christmas lights on the trees illuminating all the giant garden. Even in the piscine there were a few lit floating candles in the crystaline water.

But what left me speechless and frozen was the man in front of me.

Louis William Tomlinson was in a black suit standing in the middle of a circle of candles on the ground with a soft music playing in the background, no lyrics, just instrumental. Violins and a piano, I guess.