22 ⊱ A Year

A YEAR

"El, we have to buy more tea, babe!" my boyfriend yelled at me from the kitchen.

"Again? It's the third time in a month." I told him as I walked down the stairs arranging my hair in a messy ponytail, my casual look I'd say. Or should I say my homey look?

I entered the enormous kitchen to see Louis in the other end of the room making two cups of tea. You can't go to bed without a cup of tea is no joke, you know?

I stepped closer him, leaning on the kitchen table and looking around us at the big room. It had been almost a year since Lou and I moved in and I was still trying to get used to the immensity of our home.

"Did you find any tea?"

"Of course. Hunger won't win me, love," he said and showed me a smirk, "here, this one is yours and this is mine."

I took my black and white cup in my hands and led the way back towards our bedroom. Louis followed me closely humming a song. "Little Things" I'm pretty sure it was. Once we were there, we left the cups on our bedside tables and Lou prepared the bed for the two of us while I turned the lights off, leaving only the Christmas lights above our bed on. 

Very quickly, we got into the bed and since It was a really cold winter night, we managed to cover ourselves with three or four blankets. And only when we accomodated and grabbed aour cups again, Lou stopped humming.

"Oh! Your mom called while you were taking a shower. I forgot to tell you, sorry," he informed me fixing his pillow.

"It's okay, I texted her like ten minutes ago."

I accommodated my pillow as well and leaned a finally leaned down to be more comfortable. Louis imitated me, but he put an arm around my shoulders. We sipped our cups at the same time, and then smiled at each other.

"Remember we have to pick up your sister tomorrow, babe." Now it was my turn to inform him.

"Oh, right! Lottie is coming for the weekend."

"Don't worry. I already fixed a room for her."

"Which one?"

"Her favourite, of course."

Living alone in a house with six available rooms was very useful at times, especially when hour house was like a hotel and my boyfriend's family was quite numerous.

"Guess what, El. Today we finally came out with a name for that song I'd told you."

"Oh, really? That's great! And what is it?"

"It's called "Steal My Girl." He told me with proud all over his face.

"Well, it's quite... obvious, I cannot see how it took you so long," I said laughing and he joined me later.

"Yeah, I suppose we're not that smart." he shrugged smiling and sipping his cup once more.

As usuaul, we finished our tea in silence, just enjoying each other's company and ocassionally commenting on some news we had. Then, we left the cups aside, brushed our teeth and went back to bed, finally getting ready to sleep. I rolled on my side to face him and he did the same, hugging me by the waist.

"Hey Lou, listen. I bought you a new set of football boots. The old ones were, well, destroyed."

"Destroyed? But- how?"

"Clifford." I giggled knowing he never gets mad at what our dogs do. 

"Oh babe, you are the best! Thank you," he said squeezing my waist and kissing my forehead.

"It's nothing. I was at the library looking for some books and for some reason I remembered so I went shopping once I finished."

Our conversation about our dogs' adventures with our clothes and furniture continued for like half an hour more but at some point my mind disconnected and began thinking about something else.

I was suddenly lost in Louis' eyes as he talked and I couldn't supress a smile. And why? Because that exact day, at midnight, it was our first year anniversary. 

A year living together. A year since our relationship took a new step. 

And in a whole year, I'd got to learn what was the most precious moment of the day for me... going to bed and waking up daily next to the man I love.

**************************************

This chapter was so hard to write because you know how private El and Lou are about their personal lives but this is how I choose to picture them ♥

There are only two chapters left of this story so pleeeeease, leave a comment to make me smile

Love you, A-