20 ⊱ Risk

RISK

ELEANOR'S POV

"Louis we are going to be late, hurry up!" I yelled at the stairs waiting with the car keys in my hand.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry babe!" Lou told me laughing while running down the stairs. When he got by my side he gave me a quick kiss on the lips and ran towards the car. I closed the door as silent as I could not to wake anyone in the house. Louis' family had no idea about our plans for the day so they were still asleep. I got into the car, put my seatbelt on and Lou turned on the engine.

"Do you have the address?" he asked me.

"Of course," I said smiling.

"Right, who else but my perfect girlfriend?" he laughed.

Trying not to get lost, we drove all the way through the cloudy London. Even though I insisted on using the GPS, Lou told me he knew the way.

After twenty minutes, I got a message from one of my closest friends, Megan.

"Good luck to the happy couple in this important day. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for."

At first her message made me smile, but after a moment it kind of brought me back to reality in the worst way possible, making me doubt and ruining my excitement.

"What if we don't like it, Lou?" I asked him nervously.

"We just look for another one," he answered me very calmly. Perhaps he was not as worried as I was. "Listen, babe, we knew this wouldn't be easy, so please, don't get upset, okay?"

"I'll try, it's just..."

"I know, you're Eleanor Calder and you need things organized. Well, bad news lady, you are in a relationship with the messiest man on Earth." And we burst out laughing.

Before I could reply Megan's text, Lou parked the car in the entrance of a fancy private neighbourhood. In less than a minute, a security man approached the car and talked to Louis through his window.

"Yes?"

"Hello, I'm Louis Tomlinson and this is my girlfriend, Mrs. Calder. We're the ones looking for a house to buy," he informed the man as he held my hand tight in his.

"Oh, yes, I was told you would come. Please, enter." The man smiled at us and gestured for us to go inside.

From God knows where, the golden gate in front of us opened and we entered the super elegant neighbourhood. Once inside, the same man gave Lou the indications to reach the house we were supposed to visit. Louis drove really slowly while we both contemplated the houses around us, more like mansions, the private country club, parks and all the places there. It was like a world in miniature in the outskirts of London.

"Louis, what was the house number?"

"747."

"It's right there," I said pointing at the white and black palace in front of us.

"Wow," he said in a sigh, opening his eyes at the view.

None of us dared to get out of the car. I felt insignificant next to that house and I'm sure Lou felt the same until I saw him. There was a bright smile on his face and a sparkle in his eyes.

"Shall we?" he asked me eagerly.

"Sure," I told him in a low voice. I was really scared of that giant building.

"C'mon," and he squeezed my hand in his to give me confidence.

"How is it that you have the key again?"

"I know the owner of this neighbourhood; he sold one of the houses to one of our producers."

And just like that, we went out of the car and walked towards the house hand in hand.

If I ever said perfection doesn't exist, then I regret it now because that house was the best proof of it. It was a mixture of simplicity and elegancy at the same time, and even though it was enormous, I could tell it was lovely anyway and cozy.

Without letting my hand go, Louis put the key in the door and slowly opened it. Maybe it was a happy coincidence, or maybe it was a sign, but when we got into the house, the grey clouds disappeared from view in the sky and the sun shone for us, enlightening all the interior of that wonderful place.

"Honey, quickly!" Lou turned to me, making me go outside almost in a rush.

"Love, what happened?!" I was really scared. What had he seen?

I managed to free myself from his arms and faced him. I don't know why but I hugged him. The horrible idea of him afraid made me feel so bad that I wanted to protect him somehow.

"Nothing, sweetie," he said still hugging me.

"What? But you took me out from-"

"I know. I just- I felt the sudden need of asking you something."

He slowly broke our hug and sat down on the first step of the entrance stairs. I looked at him and his peaceful moves. My brain was working as fast as it could but there was no chance I could comprehend what was going on.

"Come here next to me, please," Lou asked me pointing at the little spot next to him.

"Fine..." I sat down with a strange look in my face.

"Eleanor, since we first met you've always known that I like taking risks, right?"

"Right..." I didn't want to sound so distrustful but sure I was. Louis could be the most unpredictible person in the universe.

"Well, buying a house to live with you is perhaps the most interesting one so far, and I'd love it if you could live it like that, too."

My body and face were as stiff as the black stones in the house walls. If I know Louis, and fortunately I do, his next words were going to be the least expected.

"Eleanor, would you follow me and buy this house together without even looking at the interior of it?"

"You mean, just considering this big entrance?"

"Exactly, because even if it is horrible inside, I'll love it because of the simple reason it will be our house."

I took a moment to look around us, but not to stare at the house or the neightbourhood, no. I only wanted to calm myself before I spoke, following my heart.

"Louis, if I were with anyone else, I'd say no straight away. But you've changed my life for the better and just for that simple reason, I want to be your partner in whatever you do, in all your plans and risks, including buying this house."

I grabbed his face and pulled it to me to kiss him. Of course he kissed me back, hugging me from my waist and pulling my body to sit on his lap. We shared another kiss between giggles and after our tender moment, we turned our heads and stared at the elegant wooden front door. It was a symbol of our future together and all the surprises we would find in it.

*********************************************

I wish I knew how El and Lou moved in together in real life but this is definitely a possibility knowing those two ♥

Please, like and comment! Love you all Xx

Agustina