14 ⊱ Her Choice

Her Choice

Louis' POV

My phone rang and brought me back to reality so I stopped staring absentmindedly at the people in the sidewalk through the window.

It was a message from Lottie, followed by seven messages from Eleanor. Of course I was not interested in El's messages since I was sure they were about Ian. I read Lottie's.

"Louis, by now you must be on the plane with El, enjoy your time in Greece! I'll miss you, especially Eleanor! xo."

Damn! How wrong she was. I texted her back, explaining the situation and stating clear that I did not want to be bothered. Apparently she got the message because neither her or my mom called me. 

I looked for my suitcase to find my vans. I was about to change my clothes to be more comfortable in my rented flat when my plane tickets fell onto the florr. Suddenly, a crazy idea, or maybe not so crazy, crossed my mind. Why shouldn't I enjoy the trip? Eleanor had chosen to stay to take care of that idiot, then why should I waste my time here? There was a paradise waiting for us, well for me now, and I was not going to miss it. 

I packed my stuff once more and put my vans on. But when I grabbed the two tickets I realized  there was one extra. The question was, should I tell Eleanor or not? 

And after hesistating for what seemed like an hour to me, I decided to read her messages. She had written me to tell me Ian was recovering but he would stay in the hospital for a week or more; He had broken an arm and his leg was in constant pain. 

I had a mix of feelings inside me at that moment. I was sad, angry and worried but there was something in my mind telling me that I still had to travel... with my girlfriend or without her.        

I considered the idea of just leaving in secret to spend some time alone in Greece. It was a nice idea at the beginning; I actually pictured myself walking by the ocean until reality ruined my life. I was imagining a wrong scenario. In the real one, I would be bored in my hotel room thinking about Eleanor only, definitely not enjoying my trip and most likely hating myself. 

It took me a while to reach a decision but I did what I considered was best. I called Eleanor but she did not answer me so I left a voice message:

"Hi, El. It's me. I guess you're still in the hospital... I'm leaving my flat right not. I'm going straight to the airport. Our plane leaves in an hour. I really hope you can meet me there and go on with our original plan. If not, I'll understand you decided to stay next to Ian. Good bye."

 As soon as I hung up a weird feeling invaded me. Half of me was guilty because, deep inside, I was sure she did not deserve to be treated like that. But at the same time I needed her to understand I was feeling like an idiot being always the last option.

-

In my way to the airport I felt terribly lonely in my car. I had no one to talk to or share anything with. I felt miserable looking at my suitcases and Eleanor's in the back seat. 

A while later I parked in a private place reserved for me and the band every time we fly. An assistant came to help me and tried to talk to me but, fortunately, he noticed I was not in my best mood, so he desisted right away.

"Your plane leaves in twenty-five minutes, Mr. Tomlinson. Would you like to board now?"

"Twenty-five minutes?" I frowned. "No, I'll wait a little bit more."

"Are the boys travelling, too?"

"No, just me and, well, maybe someone else." I turned my back because I did not want him to see my face.

The young man took my belongings inside the plane but Eleanor's remained with me. I was aware of the possibility she did not show up and I would ask the boy to send her stuff back to her house.

Alone with my thoughts I checked my phone. Fifteen minutes for my plane to leave. Defeated and sad as hell, I started to walk to the plane's stairs. My heart was beating faster, somehow telling me to give up, that she was not going to join me.

"That's mine, you know?" My favourite voice called me from behind me making me drop my phone.

I slowly turned and, against all odds, there she was. My beautiful girlfriend, with the cutest smile I'd ever seen, was standing there with her travel purse and her free hand extended in my direction like apologizing. I knew she was waiting for me to start fighting or something, but all I wanted to do was exactly what I did... 

Just like my phone, I dropped her suitcase on the floor, walked towards her and pulled her into a hug. She wrapped her arms around me and held me tight. It was a silent hug that replaced our mutual apologies. We needed no words then, our hearts beating in sync spoke for us. 

The airport speakers announced the time and now it was five minutes for our plane to leave.

"You came," I whispered kissing the top of her head still hugging her.

"And you waited," she whispered as well against my chest.

Slowly but in a hurry becasue we had not got much time, I broke our hug and leaned over her stunning face to kiss her perfect lips. The feeling of having her with me was like being able to breath again.

"Are you ready?" I asked her holding her hand, grabbing her luggage and leading the way to the plane.

"I'm always ready, Tommo." She dedicated me a smile, my favourite one.     

None of us said another word until we board the plane. Once we were in our seats with our hands still intertwined, she turned and talked to me.

"It's you, Louis." She said cuddling and kissing my neck.

"What?"

"My choice, it's you."

"And you are mine, Calder." I kissed her forehead and she rested her head on my chest.

"It's always been you." And with those words she closed her eyes to sleep.

"I love you," I whispered in her ear.

With ups and down, I would choose Eleanor a million times without a doubt.

****************************************

Hi :) Cute chapters are not my thing but I hope you liked this one.
Thank you for your support and please don't forget to vote and comment!

Love you, Agus