2 ⊱ It's Never Too Much.

It's Never Too Much

I have always wondered if it is possible to wake up scared as you often see in films. Yes, it is possible, and I confirmed it on Saturday morning. Actually, that is how I started my morning, completely frightened. After the concert the previous night, I went straight to my house but I could not sleep well knowing that in a week time I would be attending a party full of reporters following me anywhere I go. I stayed in my bed for a while even though my mum did not stop calling me to have breakfast. I have to say I was over thinking a lot, so I told myself to stop because it could not be that bad. It would be a party after all, right?

I rolled in my bed and picked my cell phone only to find a message from Louis.

"Good morning to the most beautiful girl in my life. Thanks again for being with me last night at the stadium; you know it means a lot to me. Have a nice day. Love you more than anything."

A big smile automatically appeared on my face and it made me feel better, a little more relieved. I got up from my bed, brushed my teeth, got dressed and went downstairs to meet my family.

"Good morning, mom. Good morning, dad." I said smiling at them and joining them at the kitchen table.

"Wow, somebody woke up in a good mood. I supposed you had a nice time last night ah? Was the concert good?" My father asked me.

"It was amazing. Well, they are always amazing."

"El, before I forget, Gemma called you earlier." My mother told me from the stove.

"What did she want?"

"She said something about next Friday and some clothes and shopping. To be honest, I did not understand her very well, I think she was having breakfast too." She said laughing.

"Darling are you ok?" My father asked me, surprised at my reaction.

I was trying my best not to think about the party and now my mom was mentioning it. In a second the happiness abandoned my face to be replaced by fear. Suddenly I was worried again and I could not hide it, not well enough at least.

"Yes, I'm fine." I said with a weak voice.

"Well, we are your parents and we know you pretty well, dear. You cannot fool us. So, what is wrong sweetie?"

"I guess you are right."

It has always been impossible for me to hide things from my parents. I'm an only child so they have dedicated their entire lives to take care of me. They don't deserve me to keep secrets, it is just not fair to them.

They sat down at each side of me and listened to what I had to say.

"Next Friday the boys are giving a party to celebrate the success of the tour."

"And you are going, aren't you?"

"Of course I'm going. The problem is," after hesitating for a moment I went on talking, "the press will be there too."

My parents' faces let me know they had understood the seriousness of the situation. For the past year they had seen me cry because of the hate I still receive. But, the thing was, this hate did not come on its own so easily.

The press, reporters and photographers, had followed me whenever I went shopping, visited friends and even got to ask people about me at college! Every time I saw my name on the news, it was followed by hundreds of comments. Sometimes they were lovely comments, but many others they were just painful.