1 ⊱ Friday

CHAPTER I

"Friday"

Friday night... What to do on a Friday night? Most of the boys and girls my age would have been in a club, having dinner with friends, at the cinema or maybe just studying for an exam. But that was not my case. I was standing in a crowded stadium singing and dancing with thousands of girls screaming like crazy, in a good way obviously!

While the whole audience was waiting for the next song to play, I was only wondering how the show would look like from where the boys were. I was next to the stage and the music equipment, surrounded by security personnel. By my side was one of the most amazing women I've ever met, Lou Teasdale. We were having fun and enjoying the concert together, as that had become our Friday's routine lately.

Between songs, she made comments about the outfits she had chosen for the boys but all I could pay attention to was my boyfriend's smile every time he appeared on stage. Whenever he could, Louis winked at me or gave me one of those special looks and I knew he was dedicating me the verses he was singing.

That's right; I was at a One Direction concert in London.

I remember one day a girl at my university asked me if I ever got bored of following Louis everywhere he goes. Of course my answer was a big no! Being next to him while he was living his dreams was just great. In moments like those I could do nothing but felt so lucky.

I turned my head and I could see that the girls who were closest to us had noticed I was there and were pointing at me and taking pictures. Some of them were smiling and waving while some others were looking me in a strange way, as if they were annoyed, which made me feel a little uncomfortable.

"I wish they stopped looking at me like if they wanted to kill me". I whispered to Lou.

"You must ignore them, or at least try to do that". Lou told me holding my hand.

"It's not that easy."

Even though I knew I shouldn't care about what people said about me, it was just impossible to ignore Louis' fans. I knew they were the main reason for his happiness and all I wanted was to be part of that feeling.

Luckily, the concert went on and we had a lovely night. On the first break, where the guys had to change their clothes, Lou went backstage to help them and do her magic. I was completely alone now, except for the security guys who were talking to each other, so I just sat there looking absentmindedly at the multitude until I suddenly heard someone calling my name. When I turned to my side I saw four girls standing next to me with big smiles on their faces.

"Eleanor can we have a photo with you? Please say yes!" One of them said.

I was shocked, as I always was when the boys' fans talk to me. With a nervous voice I said yes and took four, five, maybe ten pictures, I cannot remember. And just to increase my surprise, the youngest girl asked me for a hug so I timidly hugged her. I can assure you that even it was weird, it melted my heart.

While they were walking away after saying goodbye, I saw a sign in the crowd and all the sweet feelings quickly left me. It was a very big sign painted in black and white that said "FREE BEARDS" and it was pointing at where I was sitting. My eyes were full with tears but I remembered what Lou had said and turned my back to it. Sam, one of the security guys, noticed my mood change and asked me if I was ok. I smiled and said yes, lying.