5 ⊱ Sould I Just Leave?

Should I just leave?

Never before in my life my feelings have changed so drastically. Before last night I was extremely nervous, but after I read Louis' letter, I convinced myself I should be courageous and face the situation. I prepared myself mentally to attend the party and to enjoy it. Even though I knew the reporters might be following me the entire night, I would try to be the best girlfriend, friend and family for my boyfriend and the boys.

When I read the guests list I was really impressed to see how many people would attend the event. It would be a night for the boys to raise money for charity so I focused on that. For me, helping people is something that occupies a central place in my life. And that is something Lou and I share. Could that be better?

While having breakfast with my parents, my cousin appeared. She was talking on the cell phone but, it was my cell phone!

"Okay Louis, here's El. I'll let you talk in peace. Bye Tommo." Jade had seen Louis just four times, maybe five, but they had a great relationship. She handed me the phone, I excused myself and went to the living room. Once I sat on the couch I answered him.

"Good morning, sweetheart." My voiced showed all my anxiety.

"Good morning, love. How was your night?"

"Well, I spent half of the night crying. But it was fine anyway."

"Crying?" He sounded worried. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I'm perfect. It's just this boyfriend of mine, he sent me a lovely gift and it touched my heart." There is nothing bad with a bit of a joke, right?

"Oh, really? And tell me, is he handsome? Do I know him?" He was starting to sound doubtful and uneasy.

"He's incredibly handsome and sexy! You don't know him but I can introduce you if you want."

"Okay, El, stop it. I'm not sure if we're still joking!"

I burst into laughter and I almost dropped my phone.

"Babe, do you really believe I could be with someone who is not you?"

"Any man would be happy to be with you, so I must be alert." He was laughing now.

We talked for quite a long time. He told me about his time with his family and the way the rest of the boys had spent their free days. It was a nice conversation but I knew why he had called me in the first place.

"So El, did you receive my gift?"

"I did. I haven't found the best way to thank you yet because it was pretty amazing. And that letter made me cry, like a lot."

"I knew you would cry! I wish I would have been there to hug you babe, I'm sorry."

"Are you serious? Somehow I felt you were here with me through your words."

"You have no idea how happy I'm to hear that, dear. Are you ready for tonight?"

"I'm all ready, Lou!" I felt a big relief because this time it was true, I was super ready.

"That's great news! Now listen, there's something I have to tell you. There was a change in our schedule for tonight. I was supposed to pick you up and then, together we would go to the party."