3 ⊱ Fool

"Fool"

Louis' POV

Eleanor...

Since she came into my life she became more or less the centre of it. I spent my days away from her thinking about her and, even when we were together, I was always anticipating how miserable I would feel once we got apart again.

My friends and family always talked about her as a strong girl. They actually admired her for dealing with my fame. So how was it possible that I saw Eleanor as a fragile person? And why was I always trying to keep her safe?

When I left her house we agreed she would go shopping to London with Gemma and Lou and I would stay at the hotel with the boys. She made me promise I would be fine and, most important, not worried. I told her I would but honestly, I was not that sure I could make it.

I woke up on Monday morning being hit in the face with a pillow. Not a lovely way to wake somebody up but, well, that is how Harry decided to do it.

"C'mon Tommo! We are all waiting for you to have breakfast and leave."

"Leave? Where?" My mind was clearly far away from my own plans for the day.

"Rehearsals. We'll be busy the whole day rehearsing at the studio."

"But the tour is over."

"Did you forget we're giving a little performance for charity next week?"

"Oh, you're right. Okay, I'll be ready in a minute"

Harry left my room but not without hitting me again with the pillow. Minutes later I was on the lift ready to find my mates. I entered the dining room full of people from the hotel and walked automatically towards our table but then I realized I had left my phone in my room upstairs.

"There's the man we've been waiting for." Liam screamed making everybody laugh.

"You sounded like a fan, Liam." Zayn commented making me laugh.

"It's okay Zayn, I know Liam is secretly in love with me." I said checking my pockets again. No phone.

"Can you just sit down so we can have breakfast together?" Liam said.

"Just wait a minute! I've forgotten my phone-"

"No way! Sit down, have a cup of coffee and eat something or I'll eat your food!" Niall's orders were impossible to ignore.

We had breakfast as we went through our schedule for the day. It would be a long and busy day out of the hotel. Once we finished, I got up quickly in order to go upstairs and look for my phone but Paul, our bodyguard and manager, came in and told us it was time to go. Zayn grabbed me by the arm and pulled me out of the hotel. We went into our bus and I sat alone next to the back window, apart from the rest. A short time later Harry noticed that I was uneasy and came to sit next to me.

"What's wrong, man?"

"Nothing. I just forgot my phone."

"And is that the end of the world?" He asked me mocking me.

"Eleanor is going out with your sister today."

"Oh, that explains everything. Well, try not to think about that okay? They'll be fine; Lou is also going so she'll take care of them."

"I can't ignore it. I need to know where they are and how she is."

"Louis, listen. Eleanor has been my friend since we were kids, I know her pretty well. She's a smart girl. She won't get herself into trouble. Try to concentrate in our work please."