7 ⊱ Bottles

BOTTLES

Louis' POV

I am sure everybody knows that depression, loneliness and alcohol are not a good mix.

I spent the entire weekend after the party locked in my hotel room completely alone. Well, not all alone, but with a few bottles around me.

When I left the party on Friday I was extremely furious. If there's something I cannot tolerate in my life, that's lying. And that night had not been a simple lie. It was my girlfriend's past that had been hidden from me.

El and I had been together for two years, four months and three weeks. Okay, I guess I am able to pay attention to something I actually care about. But all I could think about by then was the fact that for the first time in my life, I did not want to be near her. That feeling was destroying me.

As soon as I arrived to the hotel, I went straight to my room, locked the door and turned off my phone. With the lights off, I stayed in the balcony looking at the people walking in the sidewalk. It was late but, you know, London never sleeps. It was like the worst movie going on: happy couples touring the city while I was alone in the hotel penthouse.

Suddenly, I realized that in my rush to leave, I never checked how Eleanor would get home. I only asked Niall and Harry to take care of her. Not that I was just forgetting about her.

I was starting to worry about her but I could not ignore what had happened that night. Eleanor had confessed that there was an ex boyfriend who was back in her life, an ex boyfriend which I'd never been told about before. I was angry and disappointed, so I went back inside the room.

In the little living room, I sited back on the couch and tried to relax but even though I tried, I could not stop thinking about El. My eyes found the fridge, calling me from the dark part of the kitchen. I stood up and still in the darkness, I opened the fridge door and grabbed a beer bottle.

An hour later, there were three empty bottles in the coffee table. Anyway, my throat seemed to be dry again. I got up and looked for the fourth one. To my dismay, there was no more beer, but I suddenly remembered that I'd seen a vodka bottle in the back of a shelf. And then was when I messed up.

As the hours went by, the empty bottles of beer and of vodka became my best friends, and my mind finally stopped thinking about El. I lost control over my body and even though I tried to get up, I couldn't.

I felt like an abandoned drunk. Actually, that was what I was. I cried the boys' names because I needed help to move, but there was no answer. After cursing for a while, I remembered that they had decided to spend the night at their own houses. I was just a hurt stupid drunk man trying to erase my pain with alcohol. Very mature of me, right?

I did not know if it worked or not because I was unconscious when I fell asleep.

Eleanor's POV

"Harry, for the tenth time, no, I don't want coffee for breakfast!" I shouted from the guest's room while putting my boots on.

"El, you didn't sleep last night." A curly shadow appeared reflected in the corridor wall. "How are you going to remain awake for the rest of the day?"

"I'll figure it out. All I want now is to know where Louis is."

I went into the kitchen and a hot cup of coffee was waiting for me on the table. Evidently, arguing with Harry made no sense.