4 ⊱ Surprise

Surprise

Eleanor's POV

After an entire day out shopping with two of my friends, I arrived to the boys' hotel only to find Louis acting a little bit strange and being told by Liam. I never imagined I could find something like that. He had broken his promise and I was not going to tolerate that.

It was obvious he was trying to hide what had happened during the day, what made me angrier, so I decided to put an end to that situation.

I decided we would skip dinner and stay at Louis' room. I remained sited on the couch while my boyfriend was walking in circles around me, clearly nervous.

"Can you just...sit down, Louis?" I said looking at him worried.

He did not listen to me and kept walking around the room, so I decided that the best thing was to wait for him to calm down himself so we could talk. Minutes later he realized he was making the moment really uncomfortable, so he came and stood right in front of me.

"I'm sorry, babe." He whispered sitting down next to me.

"Is there anything you want to tell me before I start talking?"

"Yes," he admitted. "I suppose I wasn't able to be stressed-free while you were out today. I'm really sorry, El. I swear you, I tried!"

"I really appreciate you being so interested in my safety but we must find a way to work things out, Lou."

"You're right. But please understand how hard it is for me, El."

"I understand you, I really do. And it's hard for me too. But..."

Before I finished the sentence, he turned his face to me, took my hand and kissed it. I know Louis pretty well by now so I can tell that that was his own way to apologize.

"Eleanor, tonight, I'm promising you that I'll learn how to deal with this. We won't go through this again. Can you forgive me for being such an idiot today?" And his puppy eyes made my heart melt.

"Are you crazy? You're my favourite idiot, Tommlinson! Of course I forgive you."

I jumped into his arms and hugged him as strong as I could. I really wanted to show him that I trusted him and that my love for him was untouched. We cuddled and kissed for a while, his hand caressing my back as my head laid on his chest, letting me hear his heart beating. For me, that was the most beautiful sound in the world.

He was about to say something when his stomach caught our attention.

"Wow, I guess I'm hungry! Shall we eat something?" Lou asked me standing up.

"Actually, I'm pretty tired, love. I think I'll just go to bed. I must go back home early tomorrow."

"It's okay, you go to bed and I'll go to the dining room. I'll be back here before you even notice, sweetie."

I went to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and changed into my pyjama. But before Lou left the room, I thought there was something else that should be said. He was just reaching the door when I stopped him.