02

The Shim family are now heading to the restaurant where they'll eat dinner.

Mr. and Mrs. Shim are talking while Jake plugged his earphones on to avoid the talking. He wanted a peaceful ride, thankfully his parents gave him what he wanted.

After minutes, they finally arrived at the restaurant. Jake could tell that it's a fancy restaurant just by the look from outside.

He removed his earphones from his ears and hid it in his bag as he followed his parents inside, heading to the second floor. The Yizhuo family aren't there yet but probably on their way already.

"Jake, please be a good guy later. Avoid sarcastic questions or answers, this is the first time you're meeting them. Especially your fiance" Mrs. Shim said.

"First time meeting her and she's already my fiance, great" Jake sarcastically said. Mr. Shim scoffed and stepped in the conversation.

"Jake, be a good man for once. Just for tonight, son"

"Okay, just for tonight. After this, don't expect me to get better" Jake sternly said. Mr. and Mrs. Shim had no choice but to sigh and kept quiet.

Ten minutes after, the Yizhuo family finally arrived.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Shim. We're sorry for making you wait" Mr. Yizhuo said and gave them an apologetic smile.

"No, it's okay. We just arrived a minute ago"

"We've been sitting here for about fifteen minutes" Jake whispered to himself and scoffed lightly.

"Jaeyun, introduce yourself" Mrs. Shim whispered.

"Can't you introduce me as your son?" Jake asked. Mrs. Shim sighed and nodded.

"By the way, he's Jake. My son" Mrs. Shim said. Mr. and Mrs. Yizhuo smiled at Jake.

"Nice to meet you, Jake. She's Ningning, our daughter" Mrs. Yizhuo said and pulled the girl behind her closer. Jake stood up and offered his hand.

"Nice to meet you" Jake coldly said but tried to give her a warm smile. Ningning smiled in return and shook Jake's hand for a few seconds before pulling away.

"Nice to meet you too" Ningning said.

"Okay, I think both of you knew about this already. Let's talk about it later, let's eat first. I'm sure these two are hungry and tired from school" Mr. Shim said.

They all sat down again. Mr. Shim are sitting in the middle while Mrs. Shim is on his left side and beside Mrs. Shim, there's Jake. Mr. Yizhuo is sitting on Mr. Shim's left side while Ningning is beside him and Mrs. Yizhuo beside her daughter. So basically, Jake and Ningning are facing each other.

"So, about your engagement" Mr. Yizhuo opened up a conversation.

"We might held the wedding next year, we can take it slow so you two could know each other more" Mrs. Yizhuo said. Great. Longer time to think of something to get out of this bullshit marriage.

"Why don't we reschedule the wedding? We can do it a month or two after their graduation" Mr. Shim interrupted. Jake's brows furrowed.

"We don't have to hurry up. If you're worrying about the deal might get cancelled, stop worrying because once they got engaged, it's sealed. Unless you wanted to cancel it"

"No, of course not. So I guess next year, the wedding will be held?" Mr. Shim said. Mr. Yizhuo nodded and continued the conversation.

Jake is done eating and he's getting bored. When he saw that Ningning is also done eating, he spoke up.