23

STREAM BLESSED-CURSED!!

Two weeks had passed.

Everything started to go back to normal. Engene's not ignoring Jake anymore because even if he does, Jake would make a way just to get Engene's attention.

It's Friday afternoon today and as usual, they're just chilling at the hotel.

Ningning is here, with Giselle so Jake was a bit quiet. He's just sitting at the bed and quietly watching a movie on his laptop with Engene since they can't use the television, it'll be too loud if they will and might disturb the two girls who's playing on the bed.

A sudden phone call disturbed them. Jake paused the movie and grabbed his phone that's placed on the side table.

"Who's that?" Engene asked.

"It's mom" Jake said and answered the call. The two girls got quiet and just looked at Jake.

"I'll go out for a bit" Jake said and stood up. But before he left, he placed a kiss on Engene's temple.

"Why?" Jake asked his mother as soon as he stepped out of the balcony. He didn't even noticed that the two girls are teasing Engene inside the room.

"Are you free later?"

"I don't know. Why?"

"We have something important to tell you"

"If it's about the wedding, save it for later. I have things to do"

"Wait, son. It is about the wedding but it's different this time. We just have to talk about it personally"

"Well, I don't think I can go later. Ningning as well since Giselle is here, and I can't leave Engene alone"

"Okay. Then Ningning's parents, me and your dad will go there"

"What time?"

"Before dinner"

"So do we have to cook dinner?"

"Of course"

"Okay whatever see you later, bye" Jake said and ended the call without waiting for his mother's response.

When he entered the room, he saw Engene glaring at Ningning while his cheeks are tinted red.

"What happened to you, baby? Why are you so red?" Jake confusedly asked. Ningning and Giselle laughed a little.

"I'm good, don't worry" Engene said and played the movie again so Ningning won't tease him anymore. Jake chuckled as he took a seat beside Engene.

"Baby"

"What?"

"You're so cute and pretty"

"I know. And?"

"Nothing. I just want to tell you how much cute and pretty you are"

"You literally say I'm cute, pretty, beautiful or whatever every single day or whenever you got a chance to say it. Aren't you tired of saying it over and over again?"

"No, never" Jake said and smiled, making Engene smile as well.

"Ah, by the way. Ningning?" Jake called and turned around, facing Ningning's bed.

"Yeah?"

"My parents and yours are coming here later, mom said they'll tell us something. Can you cook? Any food will do"

"Yeah, sure. What time should I prepare?"

"Maybe around 6:00 or 7:00 pm. Mom didn't told me what time they're going to arrive" Jake said and Ningning nodded.