16

[A/N: I know the last chapter (15) is a bit short so let me make it up to you in this one. Enjoy reading!]

"How's Jake?" Mrs. Min asked. Mr. and Mrs. Yizhuo together with Mr. and Mrs. Min came to the hospital. Jake is awake already but he's just quiet.

"He's fine now and the doctor said he can go home already. Let's just tell the kids not to let him do a lot of works. He's not that seriously injured but he still needs lots of rest" Mr. Yizhuo said. A minute after, the doctor who checked and treated Jake came inside the room with a male nurse beside him.

"Good evening, Mr. and Mrs. Yizhuo, Mr. and Mrs. Min. I would like to inform you that you can take him home now. Please be aware that he can't take heavy works that can make him feel tired easily. He fainted earlier because he can't breath normally. Luckily, you arrived here on time. We managed to fix that problem. If the patient suddenly felt a pain on parts of his body, don't panic because it's normal. Giving him a pain killer would do. Here's some of his meds that he needed to take" The doctor said and handed them a small paper bag. Mrs. Min took it in her hands.

"How long will it take for him to heal his wounds?" Mr. Yizhuo asked.

"It'll take a week or two, his wounds are a bit deep. I can say that his wounds are caused by hitting his skin with leather that kind of burned his skin. It will leave scars but there's an ointment there, apply it on his skin so that his wounds won't leave any scar" The doctor added. The four of them nodded and thanked the doctor.

"Son, are you ready to go now?" Mrs. Min asked. Jake just looked at her and nodded. Mrs. Min looked at the doctor, lowkey asking what's happening to Jake.

"Just let him be, it's normal that he'll get quiet after what happened. Maybe after a few days, he'll gain his strength and energy and once he did, he'll get back to his usual self" The doctor said with a reassuring smile.

"Alright. We will go now, doc. Thank you so so much"

"No problem. Please don't forget the things I said because those will help him to heal more faster" The doctor reminded again.

Mrs. Min and Mrs. Yizhuo helped Jake to stand up and they all headed outside. They just used one car which is the Yizhuo's car.

"Let's go to the hotel where they're staying. And then after we drop Jake off, we'll get back to the mansion" Mr. Yizhuo said. Mr. Min is the one who's driving.

"Alright"

.

.

.

Engene is sitting on their bed, staring at the ceiling. He already freshened up and now, he's just waiting for Jake to arrive.

He prayed non-stop, begging God to keep Jake safe. And he's been crying non-stop as well. He'll just stare out of nowhere and suddenly, a tear would escape his eyes. His eyes are red and puffy from crying a lot but he didn't care. He knows crying won't solve it but it can help him to ease himself a bit atleast.

Meanwhile, Ningning is in the kitchen and making food because they didn't get to eat a proper dinner earlier. Her mom texted her and told her to make a soup for Jake as well.

Twenty minutes after, someone pressed the doorbell. Ningning lowered the heat of the stove and went to open the door. It's Jake with hers and Engene's parents.

Mr. Yizhuo guided Jake in the bedroom. Engene immediately stood up from the bed and helped Jake to sit down. When Mr. Yizhuo left the bedroom, Engene sat beside Jake.

"Are you okay, bub?" Engene asked with his softest voice. He knows it's a stupid question but he wants to know the answer from Jake.

"I– I'm okay, d-don't worry about me" Jake barely said, his hand reached for Engene's.