21

A/N: hey sorry if y'all waited long, I'm out of town with my fam so yeah. But here ya go :))

After Engene's conversation with Sunghoon in the restroom, he went back to their table.

"Uh, Jake and Riki. I think we have to go now" Engene heard Heeseung said when he came back.

"Wait, can I.. talk to Sunghoon for a minute?" Jake asked. Engene's brow rose up as he scoff.

"S-sure. I'll wait in the car" Heeseung said while looking at Sunghoon before going outside.

"I think we have to go now as well, hyung" Riki said and stood up, pulling Sunoo with him.

"Alright. Thank you for your time"

"Anytime, hyung" Riki said.

After that, Riki and Sunoo left, leaving the four of them.

"Engene and I will wait in the car" Ningning said and dragged Engene away without waiting for Jake's response.

Ningning noticed how Engene is trying to hold his tears, that's why he dragged him away.

"You can cry" Ningning softly said as they enter the car. Engene broke down in tears and Ningning immediately hugged him.

"What happened?"

"N-nothing.. I– I just feel so stupid, I'm so stupid–"

"Shh, you're not. Don't say that" Ningning said. She rubbed Engene's back using her left hand while his right hand was on Engene's hair.

Engene stopped crying after a minute but stayed in Ningning's warm embrace.

On the other hand, Jake is left with Sunghoon.

"I'm sorry" Jake started.

"For what?"

"For hurting you"

"It's fine"

"Sunghoon I.. I still love you. Can we try again? I promise I'll do better this time"

"Jake, you have a fiance already"

"But, Sunghoon. I don't love her"

"And I don't care. Learn how to love her because you'll live with her soon and spend your whole life with her"

"Sunghoon, don't you love me anymore?"

"Not to hurt you but I don't. I don't love you anymore, Jake" Sunghoon admitted, leaving Jake dumbfounded.

"You're lying" Jake said after a minute of silence.

"I'm not, I'm telling the truth"

"I'm sure you still love me"

"Jake, please, stop this. I don't love you anymore!"

"No! I won't let you go! Please, Sunghoon, let's get back together again"

Jaeyun, stop yourself.

"But I don't want to! Can't you give me the freedom I gave you that time?" Sunghoon's voice cracked as tears started falling from his eyes.

"Sunghoon, I still love you, so much... please, let's get back together? I promise I'll fight for you now"

Jaeyun, stop! He doesn't want you in his life anymore!

"I don't believe in promises anymore. Just by looking at our state, I know you can't fulfill your promises. So, Jake, please let me go now. If I have to beg you, then I will. Just let me go" Sunghoon said. Jake sighed as he cried.