17

Wednesday, 8:00 am.

The three of them are still sleeping. Jake was sleeping peacefully not until he felt a sudden pain on his left arm.

He immediately opened his eyes as he sat up and looked at his wounds. There's nothing wrong but it's really really painful.

Engene who's sleeping not so deep felt Jake's movement so he woke up as well. He immediately sat up when he saw Jake.

"Jake, what's wrong?"

"M-my arm hurts"

"Wait a second, I'll get the painkiller" Engene said. He ran out of the bedroom and went to the kitchen to get the painkillers and a glass of water, rushing back to the bedroom after.

He handed the painkiller to Jake and helped him drink the water. After Jake drank it in half, he moved it away. Engene placed the glass on the side table and sat beside Jake.

"Are you hurting somewhere else? Does your head hurt or something? Do you need–"

"Engene, baby, calm down. My arm just hurts, nothing more. So please calm down because I don't like seeing you panic because of me"

"I– I'm sorry, Yunie. I just can't help it"

"Hmm, I understand. If you're going to worry about me, please worry about yourself too. Are you okay?"

"H-huh? Of course, I am"

"Bub, stop pretending. I can see that you're still panicking, what's wrong?" Jake asked softly and hugged Engene.

"It's just that.. I'm worrying about you so much. It's my first time seeing you in that and this state, of course I would panic. I'm just a bit attentive when it comes to you right now, I'm afraid something might happen again.."

"Baby, I told you already. I'm fine"

"I know, but–" Engene didn't get a chance to finish his sentence because Jake cut him off by putting his lips on top of his. It's just a short but sweet peck.

There's two reasons why Jake did that.

First, he wanted to divert Engene's attention.

Second, to calm him down.

And he succeeded.

"Stop worrying, my baby. I'm fine but not that fine, to be honest. But I'm feeling good right now. I know that as long as I'm with you, I'm safe. You wouldn't hurt me, right?"

"Of course, not. Why would I hurt you, huh? I can't even say a hurtful words towards you"

"Then stop worrying. You're stressing yourself, hon. Please, take a rest" Jake said, pecking his lips once again before gently pushing Engene to the bed to make him lay down.

The painkiller is effecting now so he can cuddle with Engene. He also started to get sleepy again. Before Jake could fully sleep, he kissed Engene's forehead. He also heard Engene said something but he's too sleepy to the point that he didn't understood it. Plus, Engene just whispered it.

Let's keep it a secret for now.

.

.

.

.

"Yaaa, Engene. Wake up" Ningning said, tapping Engene's shoulder. But Engene is too tied to get up. He just groaned and hid his face on Jake's neck.

"I swear if you don't wake up, I'll kick your ass"

"If you don't shut up, I'll throw you out of the balcony" Engene fired back. His voice came out muffled.