22

The next day.

Engene woke up, feeling so comfortable. He was shocked when he opened his eyes and saw that he's on the bed. He's hella sure that he fell asleep on the couch but how the hell he woke up on the bed?

His question were answered when he saw Jake on the couch, sleeping. Engene noticed how Jake tried making himself comfortable on that couch.

Jake's legs is longer than the couch though Engene fits in the couch so well. The couch in the living room is much more bigger but obviously, Jake won't sleep there.

Engene sighed before standing up, heading to the bathroom. He brushed his teeth and took a bath after. He went out of the bathroom with comfy clothes on.

Since Ningning is still sleeping, he's the one in charge of cooking their breakfast.

But before he went out of the bedroom, he walked towards Jake and bent down a little to kiss his cheek. He stared at him for a moment and went out.

He wanted to avoid him for a while.

Pancake is the easiest food that Engene can make so he decided to make that. He haven't mastered his cooking skills yet, maybe he'll ask Ningning to teach him since she's a very good cook.

After Engene finished cooking, he placed the plate full of pancake on the table and opened the fridge to get the syrup and milk.

He poured some milk in the glass and sat down. He started eating quietly.

Eating without Jake feels empty. He kinda got used of spending all his time with Jake but he'll change that for now.

Maybe..

Maybe after awhile, they'll go back to normal. Like who they used to be before.

When I said before, I meant how they used to be when they're bestfriends.

Engene will never let Jake kiss or flirt with him again, never.

He wanted to forget his feelings for Jake even though he fell so deep and Engene himself knew he couldn't get away with that anymore. He fell so deep to the point that it's impossible to unlove Jake.

Sigh.

He'll try it nonetheless.

Engene was eating peacefully not until the door of the bedroom opened. Jake went out, looking so fresh. Looks like he took a bath.

Engene ignored him and went back on eating. His breathing hitched when Jake sat infront of him.

"Engene–" Jake called. But before he could even finish his sentence, Engene cut him off.

"Jake, please– just please, don't talk to me. Give me space, let me think"

"But.."

"Please, Jake? I have feelings too and I get hurt too, so please.. it might take a while but if you're really sorry, then give me space" Engene said. Jake slowly nodded.

"Thank you" Engene whispered and stood up. He walked towards the sink and placed the kitchenwares he used there.

Engene went grabbed his phone and went out to the balcony to get some fresh air.

As soon as he opened the sliding door, he was welcomed by the fresh cold air of Seoul. The blue sky looks so relaxing, it made Engene smile.

He sat at the comfy chair and looked up, staring at the blue sky.

It was quiet, but comfortable. Engene loved how relaxing it felt to be alone, feeling the cold breeze against his skin and looking at the blue sky.

But it didn't last long. He heard the bedroom door opened and after minutes, he can feel those pair of eyes staring at him from the bedroom.

Though it didn't stopped him from relaxing. It actually felt comfortable. Other people would get uncomfortable when someone is staring at them but Engene didn't, because he knows the owner of those eyes that's giving him stares.

It's not even a day since I said that I'll avoid him but I miss him already.

-

"Engene?" Ningning called from the bedroom.

"Yeah?"

"I'll go out for awhile, I'll pick Giselle up"

"Okay, take care"

"Thanks. You want something? I'll buy it for you"

"Nah, I'm good"

"Okay. See ya later"

"Hmm, see ya"

Silence came again after Ningning left. Engene sighed and closed his eyes.

He doesn't know why but tears started to build up in his eyes. And to stop those tears from falling, he closed his eyes. But it's too many, his eyes can't handle it, so he finally opened his eyes and let it flow.

I miss him already.

A sob came out from Engene's mouth. He tried himself not to sob hardly and wiped his tears using his hands even though it kept on falling.

God, I don't think I can survive a day without talking to him. Damn it.

Another tear fell, Engene didn't stop it anymore. He wanted to cry to let those feelings out.

He's just crying and letting all his feelings out when suddenly, a pair of arms picked him up and lifted him in bridal style. Engene opened his eyes and saw Jake.

"Jake–"

"Don't ignore me. I want to hug you now" Jake said and carefully placed Engene on the bed. Then, he laid beside him and hugged him.

"Cry all you want, I'm here. You don't have to cry alone, I'm here" Jake whispered. Engene shut his eyes tightly, holding onto Jake's shirt and sobbed hardly.

"I– I don't know what to do anymore.." Engene said.

"Shh, baby.. let it all out first, we will talk later"

After ten minutes, Engene seemed to calmed down already but he's still crying. He just buried his face on Jake's chest and clutched his shirt tightly.

"J-Jake.."

"Hmm?"

"I.. I love you"

"I know, bub. I know" Jake said. Engene got quiet so Jake spoke again.

"But I can't return the love you're giving me"

"I know, you're still not over Sunghoon"

"Yes but that doesn't mean I'll ignore your feelings, okay? You get hurt easily, I know you. And I'll try my best not to hurt you, I can't stand seeing you hurt especially because of me. I'm so sorry, Engene. But don't worry, I'm almost there. Almost. Wait a little more, baby"

"I'm more than willing to wait. I hate waiting but I know you're worth the wait"

"Engene, thank you"

"Don't be. I love you, I'm willing to do anything for you" Engene said and looked up, their eyes met. Jake smiled and kissed Engene's forehead.

Jake felt bad. He felt bad because he can't say it back. But hopefully soon, he will finally be able to say it.

:)