08

After the graduation.

The graduation just ended minutes ago. Right now, Jake is with Engene. They're planning to meet up with Ningning since her graduation just finished as well.

"Congrats, Yunie!" Engene said and gave Jake a big hug which he gladly returned.

"Thank you and congrats too, bub" Jake said, kissing his cheek after. It left Engene dumbfounded but managed to smile and kissed his cheek as well.

"Thanks, I guess. By the way, where are we going to meet Ningning?" Engene asked and pulled away because if he didn't, Jake would probably notice that his cheeks are getting red every second passes.

"At our house since our parents decided to celebrate at the same time. Even your parents cooperated so it'll be our celebration. Let's go now, I want to go home already" Jake said and held Engene's hand, dragging him away from the gymnasium.

The students are greeting them while they were walking and of course, they would greet them back.

Jake dragged Engene until they reached the car. Good thing the driver was there so none of them has to drive. They went home straight after that.

Their parents actually came at the school but went home early to organize the party. Jake doesn't really care about it. He wants this day to end already.

When they arrived at the house, the Yizhuos are already there. They were welcomed by lots of greetings from the guests. Jake and Engene just smiled as they bowed respectfully, lowkey looking around to see where Ningning is.

"Well, well, well. Congrats to my babies" Ningning greeted, coming out from nowhere. The two chuckled and trapped Ningning between their arms.

"Hey, you two are squishing me!" Ningning whined. Jake laughed as he's the first one who pulled away whiled Engene hugged Ningning tighter.

"Congrats" Engene said and ruffled her hair. Jake then hugged her after Engene pulled away.

"Congrats" He also said.

"Thanks and congrats to you two as well. Congrats to us!" Ningning said and gave the two a short kiss on their cheeks.

"Ningning, Jake, Engene!" Mrs. Shim called. The three turned their heads to the side and saw Mrs. Shim waving at them, gesturing them to come close so they did.

"Here's my present for the three of you" Mrs. Shim handed them three small boxes with a sweet and soft smile plastered on her face.

"Thank you, Mrs. Shim" Ningning said.

"Thank you, auntie" Engene followed.

"Thanks, I guess" Jake mumbled. Mrs. Shim's smile slowly faded but she shrugged it off and continued to smile. Ningning and Engene gave each other a meaningful loom.

"A-ah *ehem* auntie, can we go upstairs for a while? We're just going to talk about something" Engene asked with an apologetic smile.

"Go on, but go down after so you can eat" Mrs. Shim said. Engene nodded and pulled Jake and Ningning upstairs to Jake's bedroom.

"You okay?" Jake asked as soon as he closed the door.

"Don't worry, I'm good. Anyways, let's open these first then let's go back downstairs to eat" Jake said and sat on his bed, the two following him.

They all opened the box. Each box has gold bracelets on it, it actually looks like a friendship bracelet.

"Aw, this is so pretty" Ningning looked at the bracelet in awe.