20

Jake felt his world stopped after seeing Sunghoon again. He suddenly felt the feeling missing him so much.

"Hmm, Mr. Shim" Mr. Lee responded when they got close, bringing Jake back to reality.

"No, don't call me that. Just call me Jake. Anyways, take a seat" Jake said after clearing his throat. He felt his heart beating faster when Sunghoon sat infront of him.

"Oh, Riki is still not here?" Heeseung asked.

"Not yet but he messaged and told me they're on their way, he's with Sunoo" Jake responded. Heeseung nodded and looked at Sunghoon.

"Ah, by the way.. he's Park Sunghoon, my secretary" Heeseung said. Sunghoon blinked and forced out a smile. Jake noticed how his smile looked fake.

"N-nice to meet you, Mr. Shim" Sunghoon said and looked away. Jake flinched by the name but recovered quickly.

"Nice to meet you too. Anyway, he's Min Engene, my bestfriend. And Jeo Ye Tak, but call her Ningning, she's my f-fiance" Jake introduced the two beside him.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Lee Heeseung"

"Nice to meet you" Both Ningning and Jake said at the same time.

Awkward.

It was awkward at first.

It's only Jake and Heeseung who's talking. Ningning gives Engene some side glances to check if he's okay because she clearly knows the guy infront of them.

"You good?" Ningning mouthed when she and Jake made an eye contact. Engene smiled a little and nodded.

When Engene looked up, he accidentally made an eye contact with Sunghoon. No one looked away but Engene gave him a smile which Sunghoon returned in tiny.

Few minutes later, Riki and Sunoo finally arrived. They ordered foods and started to eat while talking.

"How are you, Sunghoon hyung?" Sunoo whispered. They're sitting beside each other.

"I'm good, Sun. How about you, and Riki?"

"We're both good. You and Heeseung hyung?" Jake's ears perked up after hearing Sunoo's question.

"E-eh??"

"Don't play innocent, I know there's something going on between the two of you" Sunoo smirked. Sunghoon's face reddened and hit Sunoo's arm lightly to shut him up.

So it's Heeseung now.

Jake thought. He sighed.

Please, Jake. Don't get hurt. You already moved on.

"Jaeyun, you good?" Engene asked. Jake felt like there's a lump in his throat. He can't answer in words so he just nodded his head.

"So, Jake hyung. I heard that your parents arranged a marriage?"

"Hm.. they did"

"When's the wedding, by the way?"

"Maybe next year" Ningning answered. Jake and Ningning are both unsure about it.

Jake looked up when Sunghoon stood up and went to the bathroom. He was perplexed when Engene stood up as well. Engene followed Sunghoon to the restroom.

"Hey" Engene called when he saw Sunghoon standing infront of the mirror, crying. Sunghoon didn't responded and just glanced at him.

"Are you okay?"

"Do I look like I'm okay?" Sunghoon sarcastically asked. Engene chuckled in a low tone and stood beside him. He never expected that Sunghoon would be like this.

"Do you hate Jake?"

"No but I hate his dad"

"Okay. Why don't you fight for Jake? I'm sure he still loves you" Engene said. Damn it, Engene. What are you saying?

"I want to but does he want me too? I don't think so. He's the first one who broke up with me anyway. If he truly loves me and wants to fight for our relationship, he would never break up with me"

"Sunghoon, he just got confused and afraid that time. Confused of what he will do and afraid to hurt you" Engene defended. He himself doesn't know what he's saying.

"But he hurt me when he broke up with me, that doesn't make any sense"

"Sunghoon, open your mind and ears. Jake loves you so much, fight for him"

"And why would I?"

"Because he loves you! Don't you love him anymore?!" Engene snapped. He hates how Sunghoon is not listening to him and being so sarcastic.

"I don't. I moved on already. And I won't fight for someone who doesn't want to fight for me" Sunghoon coldly said and wiped his tears. He went out, leaving Engene alone.

"Shit" Engene mumbled and pulled his hair out of frustration.

He looked at himself thru the mirror, staring at his own reflection.

He's pretty sure Jake is still in love with Sunghoon. No doubt about that.

And he hoped that Sunghoon won't feel the same. Yes, it's so selfish but he doesn't care.

But...

What if Sunghoon feels the same?

Oh, God.

Engene felt like it's so stupid of him for saying those things to Sunghoon.

He wouldn't get surprised if the two of them will get back together.

And he will have no choice but to let go of Jake and his feelings.

He's just a bestfriend in the first place. Nothing more.

</3