Chapter 1: The Lies

Marinette POV

Bully!

Heartless.

To think we were friends!

How could you hurt Lila!?

Slut!

That's all I've been hearing ever since Lila returned from Italy after the summer holidays and started spreading rumours about how she's the descendent of the late fox superhero,  I've been bullying her and I work as a part time prostitute. I was even beaten up by the people I once called my friends.

How could they believe her over me!? 

Even Adrien, the boy I loved sided with them! 

"Ignore them, Mari." My best friend Alya said as she rubbed ointment on my bruises.

"Alya? Do you believe those rumours?" I asked.

Alya raised an eyebrow.

"Of course not. There's no way in hell you work part time as a-. You know." She replied.

"Even my parents disagree with those rumours. They even asked me to move schools." I said. Alya stiffened.

"A-Are you?" She asked. I shock my head.

"That means I'd end up leaving you behind. I don't want to do that." I said. Alya smiled and hugged me.

"We'll get through this. You, me, Nino and your parents. Hey, even Ladybug would believe you." She said.

"R-right." I answered.

I still haven't told her I'm Ladybug. And I made a promise to Master Fu to never reveal my identity to anyone. Even to my closest friends.

"C'mon. Let's get some ice cream." She said and lead me out of the nurse's office.

Alya's right. We can get through this. 

Right?