Chapter 12: Sleeping with the enemy

Adrien POV

"I'm sorry I didn't believe you the first time, Lila. I should have known that Marinette is the girl I thought she was." I said as I dabbed a wet cloth on her bruised cheek.

"It's fine, Adrien. She's your friend. Well was your friend." Lila replied.

After hearing Marinette's speech, I was fully convinced that Marinette is nothing but a bully. I guess the sweet, innocent girl I thought as a friend was a façade. If she does become an akuma, Ladybug and I will stop her and save everyone. I placed a plaster over Lila's bruise.

"Well, the nurse told me to let you rest for a while. So, I should let you be. Rest well." I said and was about to leave the nurse's office until Lila hugged me from behind.

"I love you, Adrien Agreste. I've always had feelings for you ever since we first met last year." She said.

I felt my heart flutter. I've had feelings for Ladybug, but she kept rejecting me because she was in love with someone else and I was tired of getting rejected by her. Then came Lila. She was the complete opposite of Marinette. Sweet, caring, beautiful and selfless. I turned around and smiled.

"I love you too, Lila." I said.

She smiled and kissed me. I returned the kiss and held her tightly in my arms. Our kiss deepened. 

All thoughts about Marinette and Ladybug faded away as I hugged Lila.

Nino POV

I watched as Adrien and Lila embraced and locked lips with Lila, resisting the urge to throw up. I decided to go and find Adrien so that I can give him a piece of my mind. Only to find this.

And here I thought Marinette had feelings for this guy. Who was my best friend until he turned his back on me no thanks to Lila.

And now, I'm not allowed to see Alya or Marinette anymore. I left the couple together and went home, hoping I would forget what I saw.