Chapter 4: The Crimson Web

Alya POV

"You can't come to my house so that we can do the project? Why?" Marinette asked.

"I agreed with Nino that we could do the project." I said, apologetically.

"Seriously!? And the new kid is doing the project with Nathanial since Marc is ill." Chloe said.

"Wait. Who are you doing the project with, Chloe?" Nino asked.

"I was going to ask Adrien, but he's with Lila and Sabrina is with someone else. So, yeah." Chloe said coyly.

"You don't have a partner, do you?" I asked.

"No." She replied glumly.

"I'll be your partner. Since I don't have one." Marinette said.

"Great! I'll be by your house at 6pm. Ciao!" Chloe said and went home.

"Sorry, Mari. I could reschedule." I said.

"It's fine. Go with Nino. I'll be ok." She said with a fake smile.

"O-ok then. See you tomorrow." I said and waved her goodbye.

I felt guilty about ditching her for Nino, who is neutral about Lila's rumours. 

"God, Nino. Make up your mind." I muttered to myself.

Marinette POV

As I made my way home after a long day of being harassed by my ex friends, getting water dumped on my head in the toilets and getting beaten up. 

Lila is nothing but a liar and I'm going to prove it to everyone. Suddenly, I heard people screaming from the distance. 

Sounds like an akuma causing chaos. I ran into the alleyway and turned into Ladybug. I know Tikki said I should take some time off but the city needs me. 

I made my way to the scene and met up with Chat Noir, who was exhausted from the fight.

"Hello, Milady. I didn't think you was going to show up." He said with a flirtatious smirk. 

"Let's get this over with." I sighed. We turned to face the akuma.

"Who are you!?" I called out as we dodged the akuma's flaming fist.

"The name's Fire Fist. I was the top street fighter here. Until my title was ripped away from me during a rigged match. Now I'm back to reclaim my title!" The akuma roared.

"You need to cool off, pal." Chat said snidely. I facepalmed at his joke.

"Let's see if you can run your mouth after I fill it up with my fists!" Flaming Fist roared and unleashed a barrage of fire fists at us. We dodged and deflected the fists.

"Time to extinguish your flames. LUCKY CHARM!" I shouted and summoned an fire extinguisher. 

"I'll extinguish his fire, you destroy his gloves." I said. Chat nodded. 

I raced towards Fire Fist, dodging his attacks. As he tried to grab me, I jumped and flipped over him, pointing the extinguisher at his gloves. 

"Chill out!" I shouted and was about to spray the extinguisher at him. He smirked and turn into smoke.

"What the-!?" I exclaimed, only to feel a foot collide into my back. As I crashed onto the ground, the fire extinguisher clattered away from me.

"LADYBUG! Hang on, I'm coming!" Chat shouted as he ran towards Fire Fist. The akuma launched a fire fist at his stomach, knocking him out.

"Now, time to take your miraculous." He said as he reached for my earrings. I tried to move but couldn't due to his weight on my back.

Until, a red figure kicked Fire Fist off me.