Chapter 13: Patrol and the reveal

Isaac POV

After a long day from school,  including trying to find Marinette plus an hour of homework, I prepared myself for my nightly patrol. I checked if Jackie is asleep. After that, I went to the roof.

"Ready,  Arachne?" I asked.

"Yes, Boss." My kwami said.

"Arachne, Webs out!" I said and changed into Crimson Web and darted across the rooftops. As I swung across the city, I noticed a van racing along the road and police cars chasing after it. I fired my web at the van and zipped towards the roof. 

As I landed on top of the van, I saw a gun pointing at me. I quickly dodged the bullet and punched the gun man in the face. Before he could recover, I yanked him out of the van and pinned him to the wall with my webs.

"Beat it, Spider Punk! You're not welcome here!" Shouted the theif.

"Well, I'm clearly needed." I replied and knocked out the thief. 

The driver swerved to the right and was about to ram into a woman and her child. Before the van rammed into them, a yo-yo yanked them away from the van. I looked up and saw Ladybug. She landed on top of the van.

"Thanks for hand." I said. She nodded with thanks. As the driver tried to rip us from the roof, we clinged on for dear life. 

"I got an idea, Crimson. Do you trust me?" She asked.

"I don't have any other choice." I replied.

She used her lucky charm to summon a spike strip in front of the van, popping the tyres. I leapt off the van and fired two web lines on the back of the van. I pulled with all my might , using my weight to slow down the van. Eventually, the van stopped.

She got off the van's hood and patted my shoulder. 

"Not bad, Crimson Web." She said with a smile.

I nodded and noticed the driver about to shoot Ladybug  with a shotgun.

"Watch out!" I cried and tackled her out of the way as the driver fired his gun. The bullet grazed  my hood, causing it to slipped off my head.

The driver cursed as he reloaded his shotgun. I got off Ladybug and fired a web at driver's gun. I yanked it out off his hands and swung it at his head. The driver fell to the ground, unconscious. 

The police arrested the bank robbers and returned the stolen money to the bank. I was about to leave when Ladybug stopped me in my tracks.

"Thanks for the help, Crimson. Or should I saw Isaac?" She said.

I gulped and pulled up my hood.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I said and web zipped to the rooftops. Ladybug's yo-yo cut through the web. I landed on the roof. 

"I know it's you, Isaac." She said.

I sighed and pulled down my hood. 

"I'm gonna guess that you're Marinette." I said.

She smiled and transformed into her civilian form. Her Kwami floated next to her. I did the same. We sat on the roof while our kwamis got to know each other.

"So where did you get the miraculous from?" She asked.

"My mentor. Or should I say my dad's mentor." I replied as I brushed my hand across the ear cuff.

"Care to elaborate?" She asked.  

I nodded.

"Before I was Crimson Web, I was an orphan. My parents were killed by the Owl miraculous holder,  Shadow Wing. I was around 3 years old at the time. 5 years later, I faced a lot of bullying because I had no parents. Nobody knew that my parents were superheroes. Not that it even mattered. Even when I reached middle school, the bullying never stopped. Rumours about me lessened any chance of me getting friends. Eventually, I found myself encountering an old man getting harassed by a group of dropouts. I managed to scare them off by calling the police.

The man gave me the spider miraculous and introduced me to Arachne, the spider Kwami of imprisonment. From then on, Crimson Web was born. I gained quite the reputation by fighting crime. I even ended up getting a girlfriend and a few friends. But even then, it wasn't enough. I still get bullied. Even the teachers were no help. " I sighed.

"What about the old man?" Marinette asked.

"Turns out the old man was the previous spider miraculous holder. I found the man and he became my mentor. From then on, I've been fighting both criminals and Shadow Wing's mercenaries under his guidance. A year later,  things got worse. The bullying. Me lying to my girlfriend. And Shadow Wing killing my mentor and kidnapping my former friends. One thing lead to another and while I won the fight, I lost my girlfriend, who started dating my bully. I lost my temper and lashed out on them. From then on, I had no friends. Except my guardian Jackie, and Arachne. As for the Owl Miraculous, I don't know where it is." I said.

"So you moved here for a new life. Left behind your past." Marinette said. I nodded glumly.

"It doesn't  matter. I got new friends. My old ones don't matter to me." I said. 

Arachne nuzzled my check. I smiled in response. Marinette's eyes teared up.

"Oh shit. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry." I said.  Marinette shook her head and wiped away her tears.

"It's ok. It's just that you and I aren't so different. Except being an orphan. No offence." She said.

"None taken, Mari." I said with a smirk.  

"Marinette, we should head back." Tikki said.

"Right. I have to go, Isaac. Don't worry, your secret is safe with me." She said.

"As is yours." I replied. We swapped to our alter egos and parted ways. 

Tonight was interesting, to say the least.