Chapter 19: Friends no more

Marinette POV

It's been 2 weeks ever since I was akumatized into Princess Justice. A lot has changed.

Luka and I started dating. I even told him I am Ladybug. He said he'll always support me even in my darkest moments. I even told Alya, Nino, Chloe and Juleka my secret. They said they'll kept it a secret. The same said for Isaac, albeit he was reluctant to tell us his backstory. Lila was suspended for life. Mrs Bustier and Mr Damocles also got fired from their jobs. Juleka broke up with Rose for believing in Lila.   

As we made our way to the next class, we ran into our former friend.

"What do you guys want?" Isaac asked with a scowl.

"We just want to say we're sorry for what we did to you, Marinette." Mylene said.

"Yeah. We should've known that Lila was lying the whole time." Ivan added.

"Can you forgive us?" Kim asked.

I exchanged looks with Chloe, who shook her head. I scowled at my former friends.

"As if I'd forgive you after what you did to me.  You've threatened me, bullied me, degraded me. And now you decide to come and say you're sorry!?" I replied sharply.

"But, we're friends, Marinette." Alix said.

"Friends don't ditch each other for some bitch who's full of shit." Isaac said.

"Or breaks bonds." Alya added.

"Or uses blackmail to get what they want." Nino  added.

"Your apology is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous." Chloe scoffed.

"I made the mistake of following Rose in Lila's web of lies. If it wasn't for my brother, I would've been bullying Marinette." Juleka said as she scowled at Rose.

"Maybe if you realised that the rumours were fake, we wouldn't  be in this situation." Luka added.

"If it wasn't for those rumours, we would've been friends. But you made your choice. Now live with it." I said.

And with that, we left the group to stare helplessly at us. Isaac turned around and smirked.

"You guys decided to stick to your guns and allow Marinette to take the fall. Some friends you all are." 

And with that, he did a fake salute and followed us.

The End