Chapter 18: Heroes vs Princess Justice

No one's POV

Crimson Web dodged a sword swipe from on of the duplicates and snapped a kick at it, reducing it to smoke. Another tried to grab him but he stepped to the side and fired a web line at it. He threw it off the roof and send her tumbling to the ground.

Rena Rouge struck her staff at the duplicate and flipped over the other. As she landed on the ground, she swept the duplicate's legs and smashed her staff onto its face, turning her to dust. Another duplicate lunged at her. Carapace's shield cut through it, raining down dust.  

"Thanks, Nino." She said. The turtle hero nodded with a smirk before returning to the fight.

Viperion blocked the two duplicates' attacks with his lyre and kicked on of them off the roof. He threw the other duplicate over his shoulder and snapped her arm, reducing her to dust. Purple Tigress punched and kicked her way through the clones, panting for effort.

"There's no end to them!" Crimson Web said as he took one of the duplicate's swords and slashed it in half.

"We need to hold out as long as we can until Scarlet Lady frees Marinette." Viperion replied as he kicked aside another duplicate.

"Let's hope she's doing a lot better than us." Carapace added as he blocked the duplicate's sword and shoved it back.

Chloe POV

I stumbled backwards panting for breathe. 

Princess Justice jabbed her sword at me. I dodged and kicked her in the back. She performed a chain of acrobatics before landing on her feet. She wrapped her ribbon around my wrist and tugged me off the roof. I quickly threw my yo-yo at the nearest lamppost and hung with my feet pointing to the ground. Princess Justice fired an energy wave at me. I quickly swung off the lamppost and landed on the ground with a graceful forward roll. Princess Justice landed onto the ground and jabbed her sword at me. I backflipped out off the way and wrapped my yo-yo around her sword.

"Gotcha." I said triumphantly and tugged the sword out of her hand. I slammed the hilt onto the ground, breaking it. No akuma appeared.

"What the-!?" I exclaimed. 

"The akuma is in her heart!" Crimson Web shouted as he landed on the ground, using the duplicate to cushion his fall. 

"The hell am I suppose to do?" I called back as I dodged Princess Justice's kick.

"Let me face her, Scarlet Lady. I know what to do." Viperion said as he landed on the ground.

I nodded and helped the others fight the duplcates.

Luka POV

"Marinette, please. I know you're in there. I know that deep down, you don't want this. The Marinette I know wouldn't risk the lives of others for revenge." I said.

"Shut up! Marinette is gone! Only Princess Justice remains, Snake Boy!" She shouted and slashed her sword at me. I dodged.

"Please, Mari. I know you're in there. I probably should've told you this before but, I love you. Really I do." I said.

"W-what?" Princess Justice gasped. Her sword pointed towards the ground.

"I'm sorry I wasn't  there for you when you needed me the most. And I'm sorry that never told you this until now. I was afraid that you would reject me because of your feelings for Adrien. But I've been in love with you from when we first met. Please. Don't hurt anyone else." I begged.

"L-Luka. Help." She whimpered. Her eyes went from purple to blue. Hawkmoth's symbol appeared in front of her.

"No, you can't  control me anymore, Hawkmoth! I'M DONE BEING YOUR PUPPET!" She shouted.

She screamed as the akuma was pulled out her chest and flew into the sky. As she collapsed onto the ground, I caught her. There was a butterfly shaped mark on her collarbone.  I placed my hand onto her neck, checking her pulse. It was faint but detectible.

She opened her eyes and gazed into mine.

"Did you mean it ? That you love me?" She asked.

"I'd never lie to you." I replied.

"I love you too, Luka." She said with a smile

 I leaned in and kissed her.

Everyone cheered except Lila, Chat Noir and her friends.