Chapter 8: More Lies and The wounds

Marinette POV

More rumours are going around about me. I doesn't even matter if I tell the principle about what happened. He doesn't  believe me.

As I walked down the hallway, I heard everyone whispering around me.

"Did you hear? Apparently Marinette was paid to have sex with two men after school." A student said.

"And to make matters worse, she even seduced Luka to sleep with her." Another said.

"Lila's right. She is a slut." 

"It's hard to believe that she's our everyday Ladybug and our school president."

"I'm glad that we voted her to resign her role to Lila."

I kept walking until I bumped into Isaac. 

"Oh, Marinette. I didn't see you there." He said.

"Stay away from that slut, Isaac. She might seduce you too!" Mylene shouted. Isaac ignored her and took me to one of the classrooms.

"Can you tell me why they're bullying you?" He asked.  

I looked down at the ground. Isaac placed his hands on my shoulders.

"Please, Marinette. I need to know." He insisted.  I met his gaze and sighed.

"Lila said that if I was against her, she'd turn all my friends against me. I didn't  take her seriously and here we are." I said.

"Guess that'll explain about the rumours." Isaac said.

"I don't  know how much I can take. It's going to get to a point that I might break." I sobbed. 

Isaac released his grip on my shoulders and took my hands.

"Then let me help you. Not just me, but Chloe, Alya and Luka." He said. 

"How did you know about me and Luka?" I asked.

Isaac sighed and released my hands.

"Juleka said you seduced and slept with him. But I know a lie when I hear one. And you don't look like the type of person who would go around sleeping with older men just to get paid." He said.

"You're right about that one." Chloe said behind us. We turned around and saw her leaning against the doorframe.

"How long have you been there?" I asked.

"Just got here now. Also, it's not like you to wear baggy clothing." She said.

I pulled up my baggy t shirt and revealed a large number of bruises. They gasped.

"Let me guess, Ivan and Kim?" Chloe asked. I nodded glumly.

"We need to tell the police about this." Isaac said.

"No. They wouldn't believe me and just lock me up." I said.

"So what? We just let Lila and her posse treat us like punching bags!?" Chloe asked.

I remained silent.

"If you want to be a everyone's hate list, be my guest. But I won't stand by and let my best friend get bullied. I'm going to Damocles and telling him everything!" Chloe announced and left the classroom.

"I'd better go and check on her." Isaac said. Before he left, I held his hand to stop him.

"What did you mean I know how it feels?" I asked. 

I couldn't see his expression but I could tell that his body language was guarded.

"It's complicated." He said. With that, I let him follow Chloe.

Lila POV

I overheard their entire conversation and smirked. 

Just a few more buttons to press and I'll break her will, allowing Hawkmoth to akumatize her and take down Ladybug and Chat Noir. Along with her group of sidekicks. Including that Crimson Webb person.

I turned and walked away from the classroom before anyone could see me.