22 - Damsel In Distress

JAY'S POV

"Yang Jungwon." I hold the phone to my ear, my fingers tightening around it and it feels like I'm almost going to lose my grip. "Just what the hell do you think you're doing?" I'm flabbergasted. I've never been this shocked in my life. I never thought the day would come when Yang Jungwon, the very composed and serious guy, would make a whole account named sipmeuppark and post thirst traps about me. This shit is unbelievable. I can't help but scoff as I scroll through the posts. Thirst traps, memes, and even fanfiction about me. What the hell is he thinking?

There's a short pause before Jungwon bursts into laughter. "Jay, man, it's not like you're losing your edge. If anything, the fans are eating it up. You're trending. Besides, the world needs to see your softer side." 

"My softer side?" I roll my eyes, disbelief dripping from every word. "I don't have a softer side. I have a side that doesn't tolerate nonsense, and this," I gesture vaguely in the air as if he can see my frustration through the phone, "is pure, unadulterated nonsense. Delete all this crap, Jungwon, and come to work for fuck's sake. Is this what you're doing with your break? I will fucking break you, Jungwon. You've got five seconds to explain yourself before I book a flight to Jeju and drag you out of whatever hole you're hiding in."

There's a mock gasp on the other end of the line. "You're stalking me? You must be kidding me. And hell no, I won't delete shit. The internet is going crazy for it. I've never seen our social media blow up like this."

I need a minute to process that the person I'm talking to is the same Jungwon who couldn't raise his head to make eye contact. The punch I gave him must have knocked some sense into him, or maybe it knocked out whatever sanity he had left. "Jungwon, I swear—" I start, but he interrupts me with more laughter. I pinch the bridge of my nose, trying to ward off an impending headache.

"Trust me, Jay, it's good for business. More engagement means more followers, more fans, more publicity. It's a win-win situation. Besides, it's not like you have to do anything. Just let them fantasize about you. It's harmless." He laughs again, and I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Anyways, I'm not deleting shit. You'll have to deal with the internet breaking because of you."

I let out an exasperated sigh, realizing that reasoning with Jungwon in this state is futile. "You better have a damn good plan to manage this. I don't want any scandals or complications. Fuck, this isn't why I called you. I need you here, Jungwon. You'll have to take care of Baek Y/N's sister." The silence that follows my words is enough to make me glance at the phone, wondering if the call got dropped. But then Jungwon clears his throat, and there's a sudden seriousness in his tone. 

"Sister? What do you mean? How do you know she has a sister?" He's been away for a week and all of this happened so when he asks now, I have to fight the urge to roll my eyes.

"You've been so busy making thirst traps of me that you haven't bothered to catch up on what's happening around here. Yes, Baek Y/N has a sister, and she's ill. Choi Minho had been taking care of her bills so she's under his care. Now that Red is working for me, I need you to take care of making sure her sister is safe. Take her to my mother." 

"You're joking." Jungwon lets out a disbelieving laugh. "Not your mother, Jay-"

I shoot him a glare, even though he can't see it. "Take. Her. To. That. Hospital.  I'm not going to argue about this, Jungwon. This is non-negotiable. My mother is the best option, and you know it. Make sure she's safe and discreetly taken care of. I'll give you one day and then I want everything sorted."

"Got it, boss. I'll take care of it. You just focus on being the nation's hot CEO or whatever they're calling you now." I roll my eyes, though a small smirk tugs at the corner of my mouth. "I'll see you in a few days."