Gobo

Gobo Fraggle loved going on adventures. Staying in one place for too long made him feel bored. Sometimes, he would go outside and visit the Gorg's garden to help Mokey gather radishes. He would also race through tunnels with Wembley or play rock hockey with Red.
He enjoyed being with his friends, however, he always wanted to go somewhere new; somewhere he has never been before. He often thought about his Uncle Traveling Matt.
Matt was an adventurer and was exploring the human world. Fraggles called the human world "Outer Space" and referred to its inhabitants as "silly creatures". 
Matt left Fraggle Rock, searching for the wonders of other people's worlds. He rarely returned but he would come back once in a while to see how everyone was doing. When traveling, Matt would send postcards to his nephew.

Gobo remembered when his uncle would tell him about his exciting adventures. Matt was Gobo's only family member he had because his parents, Sonny and Penny, died when he was young.
They were both thumped by the Gorgs. Penny was Matt's younger sister.
Matt would tell Gobo stories about how his parents first met and he was the one who told him that they died.  
Matt was very fond of Gobo. He took care of Gobo as if he was his own son.

The two were close since they spent so much time together.
When Matt returned, he would tell the Fraggles all about what he had seen and heard. His descriptions were wild but Gobo believed every word.
Gobo loved listening to his uncle's stories. It felt like Matt knew everything there was to know about outer space, it  gave him hope that someday he could have his own adventures, just like Matt.