13. the death of the high queen

"Impossible," the queen mumbled. Karalyn swung her sword, only for the queen to strike it away. She ran away, only for the queen to catch up. The queen swiped her to the ground to keep her there, but she swiftly got up.

The girl took out her hatchet but the queen took that away too. The girl ran to both her sword and hatchet. "Losing your sketch, Jadis," the girl said to Jadis.

"Can't kill me? What else are you gonna do?" Jadis asked the girl. "Depends, possibly kill myself," the girl said, picking up her sword. Before killing herself, she took Jadis to a pile of rocks, making  her death univisible.

The girl held her sword up. "For Narnia!" She held up and remembered what Father Christmas said to her. May your movement  be as swift as your heart was pure.

She took in her saddened last breath, and swiftly sent her sword through her heart, and her last thoughts was Peter grabbing her hand, her father and mother laughing, Mr. Tumnus, Lucy and Susan and Edmund and her Uncle Digory.

[•][•][•][•][•][•][•][•]

Peter stood there hugging his brother, until he saw everyone crowding around something, or someone. He watched confused until he saw Oreius carrying her. Tears were going into everyone's eyes.

"Karalyn! Kara!" Peter yelled, standing up. Oreius laid her down on the ground, her hands together and Mr. Tumnus closed her open eyes. They took off her armor and the last bit of White came off her hair. Peter walked up to her and she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.

But she was dead, sacrificing her life that was never rightfully hers.  She died for the life of hers she loved, knowing she won't ever see him again.

Peter pushed through the crowd and it to her. She looked different with her brown chestnut hair, that was in a braid. Peter fell to his knees.

Lucy and Edmund pushed through the crowd. Lucy started crying, shoving her face into Edmund's chest. Eventually, Susan got through too.

Peter stood up, held the girl in his arms. He wanted to kiss her, so much. So he did.

He softly pressed his lips on the girls'. He placed her on the ground and almost immediantly, a bright light shot up.