Chapter 5

Soren woke up drowsy as the sunlight came in through the window. He was surprised to see that he was only wearing boxers. He had a faint memory of what happened the night before. He saw drunken boys lying on the floor but he didn't see Diego. It was completely a mess.

"Hey! Wake up" Soren shook the boy who was next to him.

"Mom, let me sleep for another five minutes please" Zen muttered in a sleepy voice.

"Idiot" Soren groaned as he slapped him with a pillow. Gathering his belongings which were scattered all over the room, he got ready and went downstairs to meet Diego.

"Hey" Soren met Diego downstairs and grabbed him by his shoulders.

"Good morning" Diego greeted him but Soren ignored it because he had some questions to ask him.

"What happened last night?" There was a twinge in Soren's voice.

"You had a little fun, that's all" Diego shrugged.

"Did I drink alcohol?" Soren's eyes widened.

"Not only that. You also used cocaine" The smile that remained on Diego's face was harsh. Soren couldn't believe that.

"Really?" Soren raised his eyebrows.

"Yeah" Diego nodded. Soren started hitting the wall next to him. Diego was glad to see the pain he wanted to see in Soren.

"I broke the promise" Soren frowned.

"Don't be a silly man" Diego rubbed his shoulder.

"Now, I have to go" Soren was about to reach the main door.

"Hey, wait" Diego stopped him. "Your aunt told me that she would come here to pick you up. I told her to come to the starting point of the street. You can walk there, can't you?" said Diego.

"Okay, no problem" Soren came back to the living room and sat on the sofa.

"Diego, can you give me a toothbrush? Or Ame will know that I'm drunk because of the smell of alcohol in my mouth" He did not want anyone to know about that because he was already suffering from his mistake. It was able to leave guilt in his heart.

"Here" Diego handed him a toothbrush and he went to the bathroom. While he was brushing his teeth, Soren looked at his reflection in the mirror. He looked horrible. The area under his eyes was dark and his face looked tired. He had a severe headache that weakened his endurance. Above all, his mind was desperately asking for something. He understood it but he wasn't ready to accept it. That was cocaine.

"So, I'm leaving. Goodbye" said Soren who came downstairs.

"Bye, see you around," Diego said dryly and he stared at the path that Soren was walking.

"Dad, why didn't you let me let his family know about this?" Diego asked Dexter as he approached the living room.

"No, we have to wait until he's addicted and destroyed to the point where he cannot recover" Dexter's cruelty was evident within himself.

...Soren's home...

We all heard a knock on the door. Nicolo went and open the door.

"Good morning Mr. Johnes," said Shawn who was standing in front of Nicolo.

"Morning, Shawn. So, come in" Nicolo let him come inside.

"Um, I came because Soren didn't reply to my text messages so I wanted to know what was going on," Shawn said so politely. He always tried to respect Nicolo for no particular reason. "Is he going to college today?" He asked.