Chapter 15

"Boss, do you wanna drink a Jack Daniel?" The three of us heard a very familiar voice but had not been heard in a while. That was Khalil.

"Not today" Nicolo smirked.

"What is the most important thing that reminded you of me after about 19 years?" Khalil started to wipe off the patches which had been made with black oil with a piece of cloth.

"I'm really in a trouble. I need your help" Nicolo looked directly at Khalil. His words were a request but, in his eyes, it was a command.

"What do you want me to do?" It was natural for Khalil to have a deep respect for Nicolo.

"You supply drugs to Dexter Venus, right? Now, don't say no. I know; you are the biggest drug dealer in the whole country" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yes, yes, so" Khalil rolled his eyes at me.

"Stop supplying him drugs, that's all I want from you" Nicolo's eyes turned red with blood as he remembered the fire Dexter had set on his family.

"But why?" Khalil raised his eyebrows at us.

"Why is that for you?" Pius frowned.

"That's right. I don't want to know it" Khalil shrugged and placed the hammer that was in his hand on a nearby barrel.

"My son is also caught in Dexter's drugs network," said Nicolo in a low voice.

"What! A son? Does that mean you married that little girl?" Khalil was amazed to hear that and Nicolo nodded at him as he was assuring that Khalil was right.

"Ok, boss, I'll do as you say," Khalil said as he bit his lower lip. He talked with us but was stuck in a great deal of confusion.

"I'll pay for your amount, any amount" Nicolo got off from the bonnet.

"Boss, you don't have to pay me. I'm not a man who works only for money. I still respect you, even your name. I do this help for that honor. No matter how dirty I am, I also have policies" What Khalil said was true. Nicolo committed the crimes but treated the people who worked under him so well that everyone respected him.

"Thanks, man" Nicolo gave him a bro hug.

"But there's a problem. If I stop the supply all of a sudden, he may suspect me" Khalil made an opinion.

"He must be unaware of this somehow," said Pius.

"Let's stop the supply little by little without stopping the supply at once. I'll be able to create a small gap in the middle of the supply chain. I'll take care of it" I rubbed my hands together.

"If there's anyone in this world who can do illegal things legally, it's only you, Amelia. So, I trust you. Then I agree to do that" Khalil saluted me sarcastically.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to this work. Start within a week" Nicolo ran his fingers through his hair while he was walking towards the door.

"Goodbye" Pius and I waved at Khalil as we followed the path which Nicolo had gone. Khalil leaned against a barrel with a small smile on his face and waited for us to leave.

"I feel sad to leave our old city" Before I got in the car, I looked up at the vast sky.

"Who said, we've got out of here right now? Don't you want to go to our old house?" Nicolo sat after I sat in the back seat.

"What?" Pius' eyes widened.

"You told us you sold it" I looked at Pius and he was also staring at my face in amazement.