Chapter 16

"Do you hurt?" Luc put his arm around my shoulder and hugged me.

"No" I smiled.

"I injected very carefully so as not to hurt" The nurse who injected me with the Leukine injection smiled very pleasantly.

"Yes definitely. Thank you so much" I also greeted her with a warm smile since she was very kind.

"Thank you miss," Luc said while he was helping me to get off the bed.

"May I have ice cream for you because you didn't cry when you were injected" Luc chuckled.

"Do I look like a little kid?" I gently slapped his chest.

"Yeah, you're younger than me" He chuckled again.

"Bla Bla Bla" I rolled my eyes at him. As we walked down the hospital corridor, he told one thing after another to make me laugh.

"Ame" Luc and I both looked back, hearing someone calling me.

"Shawn!" It was an unexpected encounter.

"What are you doing here?" Shawn walked toward me.

"Um, we both came to see a patient, a friend of my office" I lied like that because my illness must be a secret between Luc and me.

"I came with mom. Today is the day she gets chemotherapy. I have to go now. Mom must have been waiting for me" He looked back.

"Okay. I wish her a speedy recovery" I placed my hand on his shoulder. He thanked me and ran to the place where his mom was.

"Good boy, isn't he?" Luc asked after Shawn disappeared.

"A very good boy" I looked into Luc's eyes.

"Me or Shawn?" He asked me as he also looked into my eyes.

"Shawn" I cuddled into him.

"You looked at me after saying 'a very good boy'. So, I thought you said that about me" Luc pouted.

"It hurts my ears to hear your nonsense. Let's go home" I giggled while Luc was giving me a strange but ardent look.

...Same night...

"Andrew, I'm leaving" Soren was buttoning his shirt.

"Where?" Andrew emptied a shot glass filled with Macallan.

"To Green Park Area" Soren ran his fingers through his hair and sprayed some hair spray to make his hair just perfect. He winked in the mirror to himself to make sure that his appearance was swaggy.

"Um! The scent you got! Just like you're coming from heaven. Where you going? Are you going for a date?" Zen shouted as he passed Soren.

"Nooo" Soren shouted back.

... a few moments later...

"Yo, Diego! The guy went to the Green Park Area. Tell, Jack to get ready" Andrew was engaged on a phone call with Diego and he ended it up.

"Why? What happens?" Zen pored some Macallan to his shot glass.

"Diego tries to get Jack to stab Soren" Andrew smirked.

"Wow!" Zen clapped and laughed. "Soren will be over"

...Green Park Area...

"I threw a wish in the well...Don't ask me, I'll never tell" Soren walked through the darkness of Green Park Area, humming a song. He paused because he heard a footstep behind him. As soon as he stopped, the footsteps stopped. He began to walk again. The sound of footsteps again! That time he stopped, closed his eyes, and listened intently to the surrounding. He could hear the sound of the air being cut off by something. At the same time, he turned his eyes to his right side and saw a gleam of steel. Soren jumped to the left when he had a moment to move that steel blade near his right loin. The knife-wielding man leaned Soren against a wall and tried desperately to stab Soren in the abdomen. Soren slowly lowered his hand, which was stuck to his back and wall, and tried to grab the knife that was resting on his waistband, while in the other hand he held the knife that was about to sink into his abdomen without letting it sink into his body. Blood flowed from the hand which he was holding the knife blade. Suddenly, he kicked his opponent in the left hip and freed himself from the clutches of the opponent. The man's face mask escaped as he was thrown to the ground by Soren's attack. 'Jack!' Soren mumbled. He gripped his knife tightly and stared at the way Jack stood up again. Soren took that advantage of the opportunity to make an incision in Jack's right arm. It was not a counterattack, but quite successful. Blood was flowing along Jack's arm. Except for Jack's thumb, the other four fingers had metallic shiny rings. Soren saw its glow even in the dark. With that ringed hand, Jack punched Soren in the abdomen. It was worse than Soren thought. They weren't rings. It was a weapon.