Chapter 18

...A week later...

Soren continued his studies with Diana's help. Nicolo, myself, Enrico, and Wendy executed our plan to eliminate the amount of drugs supplied to Dexter. Cinet and Pius took care of Sarah's safety. Aurora's mental and physical health was not good, and Nicolo was very upset about that. Shaw helped with all of our work as much as he could. Luc and I continued to sneak home for my treatments. He and I knew that I had about a month left to live. We were both alive but dead at heart and it was as if someone had stolen our happiness. Death is not the greatest loss in life. The greatest loss is what dies inside us while we live.

...At Dexter's place...

"Hey, Soren! I heard Jack tried to kill you, but we're glad you survived" Dexter showed his toothy grin.

"Are you having fun in our boys' place, right?" Diego smirked.

"Yes of course" Soren also smirked.

"Listen, you haven't given us drugs in two days now. Guys went crazy and aggressive without them" Andrew said in a way that accuses Dexter. Dexter took Andrew aside to have some privacy.

"I have nothing to do. You know my business is also drug trafficking. Khalil says customs officials are unnecessarily conducting search operations. He had also sent me a customs report. My business is also going bankrupt" Dexter stressed to Andrew.

"I don't care. If we don't get drugs in a few days, all the boys will change. That's it" Andrew insulted him.

...At college...

"Diana, you have to stick this on Soren's bike" Shawn handed her a small black circle about 4mm in diameter.

"What is this?" She stared at that strange object.

"A tracker pad; a micro-GPS sticker. Amelia gave me this," said Shawn.

"I can definitely do that" Diana smiled.

"Hasn't our boy told you anything special yet? I mean something a little special" Shawn winked.

"Nope. By the way, I was about to ask, why does Sarah always come and disturb our conversations?" Diana frowned.

"She doesn't want me to talk with other girls too much. I guess, she's a little jealous at such moments. You got it?" Shawn giggled.

"Yeah, yeah" Diana also giggled.

...After 3 days...

Diana and Soren were studying at Madam Glinda's shop.

"Why are you trembling?" Diana grabbed Soren's hand, which was trembling on the table.

"Can I tell you something?" There was a burning request in his eyes.

"Yeah" She paid strong attention to him.

"I use Cocaine. This is because I haven't used cocaine in five days. Even my head is shaking" Soren whined.

"Now you know I'm a Cocaine addict, will you abandon me?" He knelt in front of her. Tears welled up in Soren's eyes as they flowed down his jawline and fell on her palm. "Tell me" He cried even more.

"No, I'll never leave you" Diana ran her finger through his frizzy black hair.

"Don't leave me. I've no one" Soren pleaded at her feet.

"Listen, you aren't alone. You have a beautiful family. Don't you think you need to go to them back?" Diana also knelt down with the intention of reaching his level.

"I also now realize that I did something stupid. Even if I go to them, they won't accept me. I made an unforgivable mistake. I'm too late to understand everything. I was stupid because of drugs and now I can't get rid of it" Soren sighed heavily.