Chapter 14

"Where are the others have gone?" Soren asked, lighting the cigarette between his lips.

"To a work of Sir Dexter," The boy said as he stood by a window in the dimly lit hall and watched the torrential rain pouring down. He was a pale and skinny boy. Although he looked younger than his age, his appearance was enhanced by his eyebrows and his hair. His name was Noah.

"When they arrive, I'm going out for a bit" Noah moved the carom coins on the carom board, which was mounted on a barrel.

"Where?" Soren asked as he watched the carom coins move.

"Middle school hostel, to see my little brother" Noah's fingertips trembled on a carom coin.

"Do you have a brother?" asked Soren.

"He is the reason I all do this" Noah shrugged and rubbed his hands together.

"You don't have to wait for them to come, you go," Soren said because he wanted to help him.

"Is it okay then?" Noah got up from his chair thinking that if Soren let him go, he would go. Soren nodded as he patted Noah's shoulder.

"Thanks, bro" Soren could hear Noah's feet crashing into the wet floor as he entered the long hallway of the hall.

"What we went through today didn't exactly happen, but what Sir Dexter wanted to happen" A boy with a deep voice said coming into the hall. It was Andrew.

"The girl was scared anyway" Zen chuckled.

"That's true" When one boy said so, all the other boys laughed.

"Heard about a girl" As the lamp above the carom board fluttered in the wind, Soren turned to the boys.

"It's not important at all" Because of Zen's toothy grin, Soren thought it wasn't important so he gave up.

...At N@A company...

Looking down at the crowded and bustling city below from the 24th floor of a tall building in the center of the town, Nicolo medicated the crimes that could take place in a matter of seconds in such a city.

"Excuse me, Sir" It was his assistant who managed to cross his mind

"Excuse me, Sir" It was his assistant who managed to cross his mind. Nicolo turned towards her.

"A gentleman has come to meet you," she said, lowering her head.

"Without an appointment?" There was a questioning look on Nicolo's face. His assistant nodded at him and left the cabin.

"It' s okay, tell him to come" Nicolo sat down at his table, hoping to meet the guest.

"Take a seat" Nicolo showed that person the chair which was in front of him.

"Thank you, Mr. Nicolo" The man who sat in front of Nicolo was a man who was in his fifth decade of life.

"Why did you come?" Nicolo rotated the silver ink pen 360 degrees so that the tip of the pen was facing the person.

"That's not the question you need to ask, you have to ask, who are you?" That person raised his eyebrows at Nicolo.