Chapter 10

Luc and I were standing in front of the door of Enrico's house. Before he could knock on the door, he ran his fingers through my fingers and smiled slightly. The pain in his smile was able to melt my whole soul.

"Hey! Open the door, Mr. Enrico. We'll have to arrest you because you didn't pay for insurance" Luc shouted and we both giggled.

"My husband is not home at the moment. Do you want to inspect the house?" Wendy winked at us with a toothy grin. I had always loved Wendy's teasing voice.

"Who's here?" asked Enrico who was coming towards us. "Oh! I was wondering what kind of insurance I hadn't paid. Can't your insurance company start insurance for husbands who are being harassed by their wives?" We all burst out with a laugh while we were coming to the living room.

"It is worth having such insurance" Enrico rolled his eyes at Wendy.

"And if you make fun of me, you'll need insurance like that" Wendy gently caressed him and went to the kitchen. Enrico turned towards us after he stared at Wendy for a while and chuckled.

"Sit" He pointed to the sofa which was in the middle of the living room.

"How is your business doing now?" Luc asked, taking one of the two cups of tea that Wendy had brought.

"Nicolo's super brain is doing well" Enrico bit his lower lip proudly.

"So, how is the situation of war? Will you have to go back to Israel?" I asked as I sipped my tea.

"I can't say anything about that for sure. It's a hell" Wendy sighed.

"Take care of this little war before you go to World Wars" Enrico wrapped his arms around Jazzy's tiny body and She cuddled into him with a cute giggle.

"Taking care of her is really like a war" Wendy looked at Jazzy with the unconditional love and kindness that any mother would look at her child.

"Alright, what do you two want to talk about?" Enrico led us to the main topic.

"To be honest, this is it" Luc wrapped his arm around my shoulder and kept staring at the floor. "Amelia is a cancer patient" Luc mumbled in a low voice.

"What? That's a joke, isn't it" Wendy widened her eyes, reluctant to believe it.

"No, it's true" I raised my voice. Then we explained everything to both of them. We both wanted to free our minds. They were both very upset about me and they promised to help us.

"That's right, Nicolo shouldn't know about this if Soren is in trouble like that" Enrico had a serious look on his face.

"If it is only a pain, it's better not to seek treatments," said Wendy. After spending some time there, we both got ready to go home back. Unlike usual, my mind felt very empty and I didn't understand why.

"We are there for you at any time" Wendy pulled me into a hug and Enrico placed his hand on my shoulder. We said goodbye to them and were on our way home at about 8 p.m.

"What is this Soren?" As we parked the car in the garage, I heard Nicolo screaming. Luc dragged me along and quickly went to the home to see what had happened. Suddenly, my eye caught the small wax bag in Nicolo's hand.

"Soren, I want answers. Where do you always spend the night? Why does your room smell like cigarettes? What causes your behavior to change from day today? I want answers" Nicolo yelled at Soren. Sarah was inside Aurora's hug and there was a sharp pain on Aurora's face. The wired smirk on Soren's face must have triggered Nicolo's rage. Soren was in a frenzy and mysterious intoxication.

"This is cocaine. What the hell are-" Nicolo was cut off by Soren's mocking laughter.

"What the actual fuck? How dare you? You should have thought about me, how hard I work for you. If you couldn't think of me, you could think of your mom or Sarah. I never expected anything like this from you. I'm ashamed to say you're my son. You aren't doing the right thing" The veins of Nicolo's hands were tingling.