one

some days, i can't stop
thinking about you, and
other days, I wonder why I'm
wasting my time.

🎗

"Hi Lele" The brown haired boy softly said before sitting down beside the hospital bed "How are you doing?" The boy asked, caressing his little brother's soft black hair.

"I'm d-doing good gege." The weak boy replied before smiling "I can g-get through this ge-" Chenle was cut off by his hard cough, The older was immediately put into action mode and grabbed a glass of water, helping his little brother drink the liquid.

"There you go lele, drink it nice and slow ok?" Renjun softly said while standing up and caressing Chenle's back. "Do you want me to lay your bed down?" The older boy asked putting the glass back on a near table. "Y-yes please." Chenle replied with a small smile.

Renjun nodded and smiled slightly before adjusting the hospital bed gently so he'll not hurt is brother."Jisung is coming over to watch you le." The brown haired boy spoke and sat down beside the younger.

"T-thats great.." The younger chinese male mumbled then dozing off to dream land. Renjun watched his brother with a small smile on his face."Chenle I promise you, You'll be out of here really soon, okay buddy?" Renjun whispered, slightly getting emotional. He gave the younger a gentle kiss on the forehead.

🎗

A few minutes later, Jisung arrived with a basket of fresh fruits on his hands. "Hi Hyung." The tall boy greeted, putting the basket on the hospital table before sitting on the couch inside the hospital room.

"Hello Sungie." Renjun greeted back with a small smile then looking back at Chenle again, holding his brother's hand. The youngest of the three watched the two sadly before standing up and walking up to them.

"Hyung, I'm sure Chenle can survive this. He's a strong boy!" Jisung kneeled beside Renjun, caressing Chenle's soft white cheek. "He's one strong bean." Jisung whispered.

The oldest of the three smiled sadly before replying "I know Chenle's strong, He never gives up." Renjun let out a small chuckle then continued, "Its just that... He always forces himself to smile whenever he's awake to talk to us both. Its hurting me." The older chinese wiped his cheeks with his sweater paws.

The room was filled with comfortable silence, no one wanting to talk. Chenle's soft snores and beeping noises can be only heard. Nothing else.

"Jisung, Do you mind suggesting a few jobs that I can maybe... work to?" Renjun asked eyeing Jisung who is looking at him with shook eyes. "B-but hyung, didn't you just apply on that Café a few blocks away from the hospital?" Jisung tilted his head sidewards.

Renjun chuckled at his friend's cute move before replying "I got fired." Renjun puffed his cheeks and continued "three days after I got accepted to that job, I was apparently always late and sleepy. I have lots of absence too because I always visit Chenle." The older chinese finished before looking down.

Jisung sighed sadly and hugged Renjun, "I- I have a cousin hyung who works at a company. maybe they have a few slots left?" Jisung said breaking their hug, giving Renjun a smile.

The older's eyes sparkled before nodding his head up and down. "Oh! Thank you so much Jisungie, I'll be gladly accepting the Janitor's work." The older chinese replied standing up with his hands on his hips, making Jisung laugh.

𝗢𝘂𝗿 𝗦𝘁𝗼𝗿𝘆 || 𝘕𝘰𝘳𝘦𝘯𝘮𝘪𝘯जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें