1

[ CHAPTER ONE ]  MYSTERY GIRL

[ CHAPTER ONE ]
  MYSTERY GIRL

Sure enough, six years had past and it may not be a surprise but, it was safe to say that Lottie never came back for her. It seemed as if Evelyn had gained an insane amount of trust issues when she was left by herself in the awful orphanage. She'd look back to that day constantly, remembering how seven year old her was left alone to cry herself to sleep day after day.

She hated Lottie for lying to her and she held the biggest grudge against her current headmaster, Dumbledore for issuing the order in the first place. Last of all, she hated herself, she hated that she couldn't do anything to save her mom, she hated that she felt so vulnerable and what she hated the most was that she hated her mom for dying.

Guilt and hate crept up into her mind and it took over her thoughts constantly. She felt selfish because she loved her mom and she was her everything at one point but when she'd think about her all she could think about was how she hated her for not being there. She hated the people that took her mother away from her most of all.

She lost hope of ever leaving the Orphanage by the time her eleventh birthday rolled around, this of course was also around the time her hogwarts letter was first delivered.

Her first year was tedious to say the least, she didn't have many friends or any friends at all and the only time someone would give her a second glance was to point out her difference in eye colors. You'd think that having two different eye colors would be the least of everyone's concern when you go to a magic school but she's learned to just ignore it.

Her second year wasn't as bad, She actually happened to befriend the weasley twins and their friends. There were a few downsides of the year though, such as how the chamber of secrets opened and a giant snake traveled through the pipes as it petrified people, Evelyn being one of them.

But, no matter how bad her Hogwarts years have been, she preferred it over the St. Lawrence Orphanage any day.

Madam Dupont had developed some serious alcoholic tendencies over the years and the once stern and grim looking woman had definitely become unhinged.

That's a story for another day though.

"EVELYN! WAKE UP!" a voice yelled from below her room, which happened to be a small attic space.

Evelyn abruptly woke up to someone thumping the underneath of her room. It was Madam Dupont banging the attic with a broom handle.

"I'm up.. I'm up" Evelyn mumbled as she slouched up rubbing her eyes.

"I hope you have your things packed! " Madam Dupont slurred, "You leave today, you wretched child." her footsteps faded away from under the attic.