11

[ CHAPTER ELEVEN ]GRYFFINDOR WINS THE CUP!

[ CHAPTER ELEVEN ]
GRYFFINDOR WINS THE CUP!

𓅓

Evelyn joined the party again once she'd finished comforting Hermione, she shot Ron piercing glares every time they'd make eye contact. The Gryffindor party ended only when Professor McGonagall turned up in her tartan dressing gown and hair net at one in the morning, to insist that they all go to bed.

Evelyn climbed into her bed and fell asleep instantly, she was having a familiar dream.

She was in an unfamiliar house and no one was in her eye view but she heard the distinctive sound of a baby babbling beside her and adults conversing behind her. Evelyn squealed when she was scooped up from the floor.

"Evie! What's that you've got in your hand"

'Gauuahh' the baby in his hands babbled, smacking the man with the object in her hand. "Sirius what is it?" a woman called out. "James's glasses"  he groaned, massaging his nose.

"What!" another man shrieked in the background

"Here they're all slobbered on" Sirius threw them over. Evelyn shrieked happily and fit her whole fist into her mouth. "Play with Harry" Sirius cooed and set her back onto the floor. Evelyn pouted and huffed when she was put down. Harry smiled at her gleefully and crawled over to her excitedly but Evelyn whined when she saw a bit of drool dropping from his chin.

"What're you crying about" said Sirius, incredulously.

Evelyn lifted her hands into the sky making a grabby motion for him. "Dada" she continued to whine, Harry was now getting nearer. Sirius froze in place and yelled out in excitement. Evelyn stopped her commotion and looked at him in disbelief. He was running around calling,

"She said Dada did you hear her Lana!"

"Way to go, Padfoot!" the man from earlier cheered

Harry and Evelyn shared a few words in their own baby gibberish and crawled away to go find new items to steal, Evelyn occasionally fixing Harry's hair by patting it down, though it looked more like smacking from a strangers perspective.

"Smile!" Lily cheered. The flash of a camera went off, taking a picture of two children on the floor; Evelyn holding onto pieces of Harry's hair with her small fists while Harry smiled at her, completely unbothered.

James was rummaging through the couch, patting around for his glasses that he'd lost again. He stuck his hands through the cracks and felt around for his glasses. He pulled them out and examined them, they were slightly broken and covered in dried baby drool.

"AAARRGGHH! NOOO!"

Evelyn woke up suddenly blinking as if she'd just gotten hit in the face. Disoriented in the total darkness, she rubbed her eyes in confusion, she felt cold and sweaty at the same time. She could hear movements around her and Parvati's voice came from the other side of the room.