7

[ CHAPTER SEVEN ]HE DIDN'T EVEN BREAK HIS GLASSES!

[ CHAPTER SEVEN ]
HE DIDN'T EVEN BREAK HIS GLASSES!

𓅓

The school talked of nothing but Sirius Black for the next few days and Evelyn was exhausted, she felt like a living zombie. Whether it was all the questions that'd taken over her mind due to Sirius Black or the constant creaks she'd hear in the middle of the night, she didn't get much sleep.

Everyone else seemed to be driving her crazy too, Sir Cadogan was about to become the next Fat Lady if he didn't stop challenging her to duels. Evelyn pictured herself following Sirius Black's footsteps once she was locked out of the common room because Sir Cadogan changed the common room password at last minute and didn't bother to tell her what it was.

Evelyn had also tried to find comfort in the twins but they weren't much help with their constant complaining about Oliver Wood and how he wouldn't stop bugging them about beating the Hufflepuffs in their next quidditch game.

She awoke with a start, the eerie sensation of being watched filled her senses and goosebumps covered her arms. Evelyn sat up straight, rubbing her arms for warmth. She reached out to her bedside table and felt around for her alarm but winced when she heard something fall to the floor.

"Lumos" Evelyn whispered, shining the light to the ground; Her eyes widened when she saw her mothers ring sitting still on the floor.

She quickly reached to grab it but a yelp escaped her when she saw a rat scurry out from under her bedside table, Scabbers. Evelyn grimaced in disgust and snatched up her ring before the rat could grab it and take off with it.

"Go away you ugly rat" she scowled, looking around for any object to threaten the rat with. "Ron's in the boys dormitories, Shoo before I call Crookshanks to finish the job "

Scabbers seemed to understand her threats and quickly ran off to the boys dormitories.

"Pervy Rat" Evelyn muttered uncomfortably, fidgeting with the ring on her finger.

She grabbed her alarm again to check the time, It was exactly four; Evelyn rubbed her face groggily, she wasn't going to sleep any time soon.

She slipped out from under her covers and exited her dormitory. The roaring winds of the storm outside covered any noise she'd been making, Evelyn sat in front of the fire for a while until she heard someone talking behind her.

Evelyn looked back and saw Harry trudging down the stairs, he hadn't noticed her yet. "Talking to yourself now, Harold?" she chirped, making her presence known.

Harry jumped in surprise at her sudden appearance, he looked at her in embarrassment and shook his head, nodding over to where Crookshanks was trying
to run back up the spiral staircase. Evelyn nodded her head in understanding and pat the empty seat next to her.