6

[ CHAPTER SIX ]TRICK OR TREAT

[ CHAPTER SIX ]
TRICK OR TREAT

𓆏

"What's wrong with him?" Evelyn nodded at Harry as she took a seat next to Hermione in the Great Hall. The trio looked at her in great surprise when they noticed she sat by them willingly; She refused to sit anywhere near Fred and George until she knew what they were up to, the last time she'd trusted them she ran out of the great hall with a beard growing longer than Dumbledore's.

"Mcgonagall said no" Ron informed the girl, referring to how Harry had asked the Professor to sign his Hogsmeade permission form.

"No surprise there" said Evelyn. "I forged the signature on mine" she grinned, proudly.

"She believed it?" Harry asked her, trying to conceal his disappointment; Evelyn nodded to his question.

"Why couldn't one of your parents just have signed the form?" Hermione asked obliviously.

Evelyn looked between Harry and Hermione awkwardly. No one was really aware of Evelyn's home life with the exception of the Weasleys and Evelyn's close friends, and she had no intentions of telling anyone else.

"I thought you said you weren't going to Hogsmeade, Ev" Ron interrupted Hermione, successfully changing the topic of the conversation. Evelyn looked at him gratefully.

"I'm not" She affirmed, playing with strands of her hair. "But, I figured that I still needed it signed for future purposes"

"Do I have something on my face?" She continued to ask except now she was talking to Harry, she'd noticed his stares and reached up to feel around her face for any signs of crumbs.

"No it's perfect" Harry blurted out loud before he could even process what he said. His eyes were as wide as saucers and his mouth gaped open when the realization hit him in the face. I'm an idiot, he repeated to himself nonstop.

He didn't even have it in himself to take his statement back and justify what he said, because well, he meant it.

Evelyn blinked in surprise at his bluntness.

"Thanks."

"Yeah."

"It was a gift from my mom"

"Brilliant."

"Yea! well, I've got to go... do things. Important things... you know? Okay, well cool, great talk, bye!" Evelyn rambled as she shot up from her seat, getting ready to leave the Great Hall.

"Bye!" Harry called from his seat. Evelyn shot him a small crooked smile as she opened the doors to leave the Great Hall.

"Brilliant!" Ron mimicked Harry, suppressing his laughter.