29

[CHAPTER TWENTY-NINE]I LOVE EVELYN

I LOVE EVELYN

𓆏

The first task was drawing steadily nearer; Everyones nerves were high. Things became worst when Rita Skeeter had published her piece about the Triwizard Tournament, and it had turned out to be not so much a report on the tournament as a highly colored life story of Harry.

Much of the front page had been given over to a picture of Harry; the article (continuing on pages two, six, and seven) had been all about Harry, the names of the Beauxbatons and Durmstrang champions (misspelled) had been squashed into the last line of the article, and Cedric hadn't been mentioned at all.

"It's not that bad...?" Evelyn hesitated when she first read the article. Hermione read it from over her shoulder.

"Keep reading." Harry murmured, his head was dug into his hands.

Evelyn obliged and continued to read through the article. Harry looked at her expectantly and faltered once she started laughing hysterically. "That's rich!" she laughed. "You're quite the player, Harry." she said, pushing his shoulder.

"Harry has at last found love at Hogwarts. With not only one but two love interests, Harry has found himself in quite a love triangle — His close friend, Colin Creevey, says that Harry is rarely seen out of the company of either Hermione Granger, a stunningly pretty Muggle-born girl or Evelyn Silvers, a drop- dead gorgeous French girl." Hermione quickly read to herself.

"They've got that last part right at least." Evelyn nodded confidently. Harry agreed. "I'm personally rooting for us, Harry." she continued.

"Yeah, so am I." he replied boldly.

"Anyways." Hermione interrupted. "Forget this." she grabbed the paper and crumpled it. 'Hey!' a second year yelped after Hermione threw the crumpled ball of paper over her shoulder.

"Sorry!"

"Drop- dead Gorgeous? Her?" Pansy Parkinson had shrieked as they walked past the sniggering group of Slytherin girls. "What was she judging against — a chipmunk?"

"Ignore it," Hermione said in a dignified voice. Evelyn blew Pansy a kiss. Pansy's laughter immediately quietened, her face went red and she stomped off her followers quickly followed her. Evelyn and Hermione kept walking, holding their heads high in the air. Harry looked at Evelyn full of admiration.

Ron and Harry still hadn't made up and Evelyn and Hermione were furious with the pair of them, they would both alternate with both Harry and Ron to try and force them to talk to each other, but they were adamant. Harry would talk to Ron again only if Ron admitted that Harry hadn't put his name in the Goblet of Fire and apologized for calling him a liar while, Ron would only talk to Harry if he admitted to putting his name in the Goblet.