15

[ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ]RESCUE MISSION

[ CHAPTER FIFTEEN ]
RESCUE MISSION

𓅓

Evelyn had never been part of a stranger group. Crookshanks led the way down the stairs; Remus, Pettigrew, and Ron went next, looking like entrants in a six-legged race. Next came Professor Snape, drifting creepily along, his toes hitting each stair as they descended, held up by his own wand, which was being pointed at him by Sirius. Harry, Evelyn and Hermione brought up the rear.

Getting back into the tunnel was difficult. Lupin, Pettigrew, and Ron had to turn sideways to manage it; Lupin still had Pettigrew covered with his wand. Evelyn could see them edging awkwardly along the tunnel in single file.

Crookshanks was still in the lead. Harry went right after Sirius, who was still making Snape drift along ahead of them; he kept bumping his lolling head on the low ceiling. Evelyn had the impression Sirius was making no effort to prevent this.

She stuck by Hermione's side while Harry and Sirius talked ahead of them. Evelyn continued to fidget with her necklace awkwardly, Evelyn Black. It was a weird feeling, to have a parent come back after not even knowing who they were; It was bittersweet in a way, but she didn't know how to describe it.

"Go talk to him" Hermione nudged her, motioning towards Sirius. Harry looked back at them and had gotten the hint, he walked back towards Hermione, giving Evelyn and Sirius privacy to go talk alone.

Evelyn ignored the pang of anxiety that struck her stomach and walked up to her father.

"Who do you stay with now?" Sirius asked abruptly.

"Madam Dupont" she told him slowly

"Who is that?" his eyes crinkled in confusion.

"The owner of the orphanage"

"Orphanage?!" Sirius asked in disbelief, he paused in his step. Evelyn nodded hesitantly. "So, You haven't been staying with Molly?" Sirius scoffed in disbelief. "Mrs. Weasley? No, why would I?" Evelyn said with a puzzled face.

"She's your Godmother, of course!" said Sirius. "Your mother insisted on it, said she didn't trust any other family with her kid."

"Mrs. Weasley's my Godmother?!" She asked in pure disbelief, she was shocked enough to find out they knew each other, but to find out she knew her enough to make her godmother. Mind boggling. "Well, that explains it then." Evelyn murmured, thinking back to all of the conversations she'd over hear.

"She looks just like her parents, Arthur." Mrs.Weasley blew into a tissue, tears dropping from her eyes. "I can't believe it. She's been in that awful place all this time. She should've been with us." Mrs. Weasley tapped her finger onto the table.

"I know, but there's nothing we could do Molly. These are Dumbledore's orders." Mr. Weasley rubbed his face exhaustedly.

"Oh, to hell with his orders! Alana wouldn't have wanted this." Molly shook her head furiously.