31

[CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE]YULE BALL DATES

YULE BALL DATES

It was soon the start of December and it brought wind and sleet to Hogwarts. Evelyn was delighted, she adored the sight of the Hogwarts grounds covered in white. Sweater season was her favorite season, especially now that she spent her past time stealing every jumper of Harry's with the excuse of the cold weather.

Evelyn was up at the Gryffindor tower with Blair sitting by the fireplace. "See if this one fits —" Blair said, pushing up her glasses. Evelyn grabbed the small vest from Blair and called Frodo over to her. It seemed as if he didn't like the weather as much as Evelyn did and refused to exit the Gryffindor common room at all.

"He looks adorable!" Evelyn squealed, holding Frodo up in her arms. "Can you make me a matching one?" Evelyn grinned, holding Frodo close to her chest as he purred. "Of course" Blair smiled.

"How do I look?" Evelyn asked as she threw on the new jumper Blair made for her. "Adorable." Blair laughed. It was red and white with deers that had multiple other patterns surrounding it.

The next day, was restless and Evelyn had to stop herself from dozing off in multiple of her classes. It seemed as if both Evelyn and Blair got too caught up chatting and making matching sweater vests that they forgot to pay attention to the time. Gabi found them both sprawled in front of the fireplace in the morning before breakfast, both wearing a conjoined ugly Christmas sweaters that labeled them 'Naughty and Nice'

"How did you two even get to this point" Gabi cringed, watching as they both struggled to get up at the same time leading them to roll over helplessly.

"Um..." Blair thought back to the events last night.

Evelyn and Blair were giggling over a pile of cat vests. "Do you think this is too much" Evelyn whisper-shouted, motioning towards the pile. "Mm.. No." she whispered back. Evelyn laughed and let out a loud snort which resulted in both of them laughing deliriously.

"You know what would be funny." Evelyn though out loud. Blair hummed. "We should have matching Christmas sweaters. But, what if they were attached to each other." Blair gasped as if it were the best idea she'd ever heard.

"What are you two doing?" Both Fred and George walked into the common room late at night. "Are you drunk?" George asked, looking at them in amusement.

"Drunk on life" Evelyn declared loudly, toppling over to her side. "Shhhh!" Blair covered her mouth and let out a laugh.

"Potter! Weasley! Will you pay attention? and Silvers for the last time wake up!" Professor McGonagall's irritated voice cracked like a whip through the Transfiguration class , Harry and Ron both jumped and looked up. Evelyn's head shot up from her desk and looked around frantically, "What?"