8

[ CHAPTER EIGHT ]SECRETS REVEALED

[ CHAPTER EIGHT ]
SECRETS REVEALED

𐂂

Evelyn sat with her two friends Blair and Gabi for lunch on Monday. Harry was already released from the Hospital wing and was happy to return to the noise and bustle of the main school. Evelyn had visited him a few times throughout the weekend and Harry couldn't stop thinking about it.

"She looks lovely today, don't you think?" Harry sighed dreamily, admiring the way her eyes lit up when she laughed at something her friends said.

"What I think, is that you need to stop staring at her like that, you'll scare her away" Hermione huffed, clapping her hands in front of his face.

Harry shook his head, "You don't understand Hermione, She—"

"Hugged me" Ron mocked him in a girlish tone. "We get it mate, we do."

"I don't sound like that" Harry mumbled, pushing his glasses up.

"Sound like what?" Evelyn asked, appearing out of thin air.

"Nothing" Harry choked on air.

"Merlin— A warning would be nice next time" Ron suggested, his voice cracked. "Sorry" Evelyn apologized sheepishly. "We have Defense against the Dark Arts next, So I thought i'd just join you guys."
"That's fine, The more the merrier." Hermione smiled, happy to have her company; Harry and Ron were tiring to be around sometimes.

"If Snape's teaching Defense Against the Dark Arts again, I'm skiving off," said Ron as they headed toward Lupin's classroom after lunch. "Check who's in there, Evelyn."

She peered around the classroom door.

"It's okay!"

Professor Lupin was back at work. It certainly looked as though he had been ill. His old robes were hanging more loosely on him and there were dark shadows beneath his eyes; nevertheless, he smiled at the class as they took their seats, and they burst at once into an explosion of complaints about Snape's behavior while Lupin had been ill.

"It's not fair, he was only filling in, why should he give us homework?"

"We don't know anything about werewolves —"

"— two rolls of parchment!"

"Did you tell Professor Snape we haven't covered them yet?" Lupin asked, frowning slightly. The babble broke out again.

"Yes, but he said we were really behind —"

"— he wouldn't listen —"

"— two rolls of parchment!"

Professor Lupin smiled at the look of indignation on every face. "Don't worry. I'll speak to Professor Snape. You don't have to do the essay."

"Oh no," said Hermione, looking very disappointed.
"I've already finished it!"