16

[CHAPTER SIXTEEN]GOING HOME

[CHAPTER SIXTEEN]
GOING HOME

𐂂

"You're staying with us this Summer right, Ev?" Fred asked, his eyes looking at her from over his letter. "You can't say no, Mums insisting." He looked at her with a pointed look that said, you have no choice either way. "Yeah! Plus, Dads going to get your ticket for the Quidditch World Cup!" George voiced, ecstatically.

"Really?!" Evelyn perked up.

" 'Course, you're one of us." they shrugged, nonchalantly. "Yeah, I'll stay with you guys. Madam Dupont won't even notice i'm missing, She's too busy  bathing in alcohol, these days."

"It's settled then." The twins cheered.

Nobody at Hogwarts now knew the truth of what had happened the night that Sirius, Buckbeak, and Pettigrew had vanished except Harry, Evelyn, Ron, Hermione, and Professor Dumbledore. As the end of term approached, Evelyn heard many different theories about what had really happened, but none of them came close to the truth.

"I heard he morphed into a flobberworm and escaped by eating his way out of the tower." She overheard one of the Gryffindor second-years.

Evelyn barked out a laugh at that one.

Malfoy was furious about Buckbeak. He was convinced that Hagrid had found a way of smuggling the Hippogriff to safety, and seemed outraged that he and his father had been outwitted by a gamekeeper.

Percy Weasley, meanwhile, had much to say on the subject of Sirius's escape. "If I manage to get into the Ministry, I'll have a lot of proposals to make about Magical Law Enforcement!" he told the only person who would listen — his girlfriend, Penelope.

The whole of Harry's Defense Against the Dark Arts class was miserable about his resignation.
"Wonder what they'll give us next year?" said Seamus Finnigan gloomily.

"Maybe a vampire," suggested Dean Thomas hopefully.

"A hybrid troll/cyclops." Evelyn voiced her thoughts. Nobody seemed to fond of this one though.

The exam results came out on the last day of term. Harry, Evelyn, Ron, and Hermione had passed every subject. Evelyn was amazed that she had got through Transfiguration, and it was all due to Victoria's help. Gryffindor House, meanwhile, largely thanks to their spectacular performance in the Quidditch Cup, had won the House championship for the third year running.

This meant that the end of term feast took place amid decorations of scarlet and gold, and that the Gryffindor table was the noisiest of the lot, as everybody celebrated.

Evelyn joined Harry, Ron and Hermione in the train. She filled them in on how Gabi and Fred were going through a really awkward stage that she didn't want to sit near, It all started when Gabi and Cedric broke things off because they were better off as friends.