5

[ CHAPTER FIVE ]LOONY LUPIN

[ CHAPTER FIVE ]
LOONY LUPIN

"Is there a reason you've been batting your eyelashes at me for the past ten minutes?" Victoria mused, lifting her gaze away from the book to finally give into the girls need for attention. Evelyn smiled brightly, glad she was finally being acknowledged by the older Ravenclaw girl; She was also starting to believe the saying 'If you keep making that face it's going to get stuck like that', so she was extremely thankful to move her facial muscles again.

"First of all, How'd you even know where I was?" Victoria interrogated

"Hm, Well there I was" Evelyn started, a dramatic tone in her voice as she went about her story. "Thinking to myself, where would a typical Ravenclaw go. I was racking my brain for any possible answer and it was almost like a lightbulb lit up in mind"

Evelyn was making exaggerated hand gestures at this point and Victoria was looking at her, an unimpressed look etched on her face.

"Ding, Ding, Ding! The Library" Evelyn concluded, ending her story. 'Shhh' a distant hush came from Madam Pince, Evelyn shuddered under her piercing glare.

"That's stereotypical of you" said Victoria, raising an eyebrow in amusement

"I was right, wasn't I?" Evelyn shrugged, her eyes searched around the library. Tens of thousands of books lined up on the thousands of shelves, The hanging lights lit up the room and Madam Pince walked around, sneering at anyone that dared to harm her precious books.

"I also do have a reason for being here, thank you so much for asking" Evelyn quipped, a cheeky grin grew on her face.

Victoria raised her eyebrows in a way of saying 'Go on' to which Evelyn obliged.

"I need a favor from you" She hummed

"Depends on the favor" Victoria quipped

"For one, do you know the entrance to the kitchens? Fred and George are hogging it from me and nobody else will tell me under the impression they'd wake up with a dungbomb under their pillow" Evelyn rolled her eyes, annoyance written all over my face

"Why are they hogging it?"

"They've been working on a prank that they don't want me to know about, which is rather suspicious to me" She murmured the last part mostly to herself, "And that brings me to my last favor, I need your help"