9

[ CHAPTER NINE ] HOLIDAY BREAK

[ CHAPTER NINE ]
HOLIDAY BREAK

"Are you sure you don't want to come over for the break?" George asked Evelyn again. Evelyn shook her head, the last thing she wanted to do was intrude. "You're always welcome at any of our houses, Ev" Gabi reassured her.

"Guys I'll be fine, trust me" Evelyn plastered on a smile.

"If you're sure.." said Blair, uncertainly

Evelyn went to sleep early that night. She examined her ring closely before she fell asleep, A.B. Alana Black, The gears in Evelyn's mind were turning, it didn't made sense, she thought. What if they got the story wrong?  How would he even have sent people to go after her mom in the first place? She truly wanted to believe that her father was good nothing was piecing together.

"Evelyn, Good Morning!" Hermione gasped in surprise, seeing the girl descend from the staircase. "Did everyone leave already?" She yawned, rubbing her eyes tiredly. The common room was completely empty except for Ron, Hermione and Harry, they seemed to be arguing over something.

"It's nearly lunch time" Ron commented in disbelief that she'd been sleeping for so long.

Harry shot up from his seat at the sight of her. "How are you feeling, Ev", he eyed her in concern.

"I'm Fine, Why?" Her face contoured in confusion

"Erm- Because of what you heard about your parents.. Sirius Black is your father? Who do you live with?" said Hermione, ignoring the looks she was getting from Ron and Harry. "I suppose he is my biological father, but, I'm nothing like him!" Evelyn blurted fearfully, scared that they'd drop all her together and scowl at her every time they passed her."I'm not trying to kill you Harry, I swear."

"I know Evie, don't worry" Harry reassured her. "You didn't even know. It's not your fault.". Evelyn nodded slowly, glad that none of them held anything against her. "What were you guys talking about?" asked Evelyn, referring to the argument she seemed to have interrupted.

"We were just telling Harry not to do anything stupid, like go after Black" said Hermione sharply

Harry scoffed with a roll of his eyes, opening his mouth to protest, he was obviously not over the conversation.

"Look," said Ron, obviously casting around for a change of subject, "it's the holidays! It's nearly Christmas! Let's — let's go down and see Hagrid. We haven't visited him for ages!"

"No!" said Hermione quickly. "Harry isn't supposed to leave the castle, Ron —"

"Yeah, let's go," said Harry "and I can ask him how come he never mentioned Black when he told me all about my parents!"